Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hit it out of the park and into a low Earth orbit. Pre is sweating iphone methinks...now where is that cutnpaste.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    For anyone complaining about the Pre being Sprint-exclusive CDMA (more specifically, wishing for a GSM phone): its already been announced that a GSM version will launch in Europe within the same timeframe as the US phone. Given that many countries over there require phones to be available unlocked, US customers on ATT/Tmobile and Canadian customers will likely be able to import one pretty easily. It won't be cheap, but it looks like most of you are looking for an unlocked phone anyway (which is never cheap).

As for me, I'm a longtime Sprint user who had been considering switching to get something like an iPhone or G1... but I was having a hard time justifying the higher monthly plans and the poorer cell reception in my area (not to mention the much smaller 3G footprint). I'll be MORE than happy to stick with Sprint, as I've never had a problem with them in almost 9 years. I just hope that "first half of 2009" doesn't mean late June... my 700wx has been limping along for about 2 months now, and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    hidden Vertical sliding KB, rectangle screen, touch screen, gps, wifi, storage space, 3.5mm jack, universal connector...looks like i will be back on the palm bandwagon for sure! i loved my touch pro this morning and now i hate it!

how long after release do you think the first thread about doing a class action suit will come up...
    I was just about to switch to the Touch Pro until I saw this. Palm is back and this will do for Sprint what the iPhone did for the terrible AT&T!
    The Pre/webOS is everything and more that the G1/Android pretends to be. It may be that Google may benefit quite a bit from Pre.
    I don't want to wait until July... now I know what all the fanboys must of felt like pre iPhone release...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir View Post
    I didn't see anything about backwards compatibility for old apps (not that a lack of this will diminish a lot of the excitement over what they presented).
    Like anything else, programs will need to be upgraded... if no upgrade available, use our old system.

Change is hard, but necessary.... I'd hope palm does not go down the road of Microsoft and attempt to keep every legacy code they can fit into their new os. See what happened to Microsoft... instead, Palm should go down the road of Apple and say the hell with everybody... we have a new OS.

Okay, just kidding.... sounded nice while I typed it... I think palm should have some way to run legacy software, even if in an emulator... but this really should be a temporary fix... upgrades should be launched for all these programs...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Like anything else, programs will need to be upgraded... if no upgrade available, use our old system.

Change is hard, but necessary.... I'd hope palm does not go down the road of Microsoft and attempt to keep every legacy code they can fit into their new os. See what happened to Microsoft... instead, Palm should go down the road of Apple and say the hell with everybody... we have a new OS.

Okay, just kidding.... sounded nice while I typed it... I think palm should have some way to run legacy software, even if in an emulator... but this really should be a temporary fix... upgrades should be launched for all these programs...
    They haven't coded for legacy software and that is as it should be, but emulation would be nice to tide us over the inital software re-writing phase.
    My kids like it a lot. I'll have to wait awhile until I can upgrade.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234