Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unfrostedpoptart View Post
    The unknown:
    Legacy Palm app support? - looks like none, but don't know
    PC/Mac desktop / sync? - only web sync?
    Media player details - formats supported (FLAC please!)
    Removable SD card?
    BT Keyboard? - Probably. Only Apple has a weird problem with this.
    Copy / Paste!!!
    Natively supported...
    Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Image Formats: GIF, Animated GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP

doesn't mean developers couldn't provide support for other formats
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Cheers to Palm! I think you guys knocked this one out of the park in a big way I love the newness and I think WebOS will rock the other smartphone player's world. A great product even if it is only offered on Sprint. Hopefully I can say so long to WinMo and my Treo 750 on ATT before the end of summer 2009(please Palm make it so)
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    January 08 1889 - 1st Computer patented.

and other today in history:
    http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.js...81474977223548
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by johngstevens View Post
    Me too. If you need an unlocked international phone look elsewhere. Bye-Bye Palm! Don't want to wait for Sprint/Palm to acknowledge the rest of the world, my T650 is getting long in the tooth...
    If you need a world phone, then you have little choice but GSM. I don't, and won't go near GSM. I don't need my phone causing interference with everything near me that has a speaker. Lord, what a backwards technology that is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I now see why they didn't go with Android, this phone represents the innovation that made Palm. Android would have been a step back and this is the phone to make the iPhone worry.

Pics
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/l...ss-conference/
    1. What about the lack of a micro sd slot

2. No support for youtube?

It was not a complete home run, maybe to 3rd base
    Wow!!! WoW!!! WWWWOOWWWW!!

3 Wow factors
    Palm is not killing Iphone only, it kills everythings.

If you could have one of belows, what will be your choice?

1. "Time" with a beautiful woman
    2. Palm Pre
    )
    I think this phone will appeal to new smartphone users. If I knew nothing about smartphones and Palm OS, the Pre would be a complete showstopper. It's a beauty and smart. Being able to leave many things open on the desktop is a big wow. And the flicking to scroll should really sell it.

Most of friends were so impressed with the iPhone because of that flick. Didn't care what it could or couldn't do. They just wanted to flick. Sad really and frustrating to those of us who know just how functional Palm OS is. Anyway I hope the Pre will sell well so we get to see the rest of the toys they're planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhk View Post
    Wow!!! WoW!!! WWWWOOWWWW!!

3 Wow factors
    Palm is not killing Iphone only, it kills everythings.

If you could have one of belows, what will be your choice?

1. "Time" with a beautiful woman
    2. Palm Pre
    )
    Are you freakin kiddin me, a no brainer lol. Palm Pre! It does kill the iPhone, just the way the background aps work. No going to home screen to switch between apps.
    No going to the home screen to switch between apps. Assumes the apps are already running as cards. otherwise still have to bring up the launcher or the virtual hard keys
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I was about to give up hope.

It was definitely worth the wait!

I'm ALL IN!!!!!

Tom
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,595 Global Posts
    I have always had WM devices & now have a BB Curve. The Palm Pre is definitely worth the switch! I'm going to recommend to everyone I know to switch from whatever OS their using because honestly, at this time, you cant get anything better than this. I'm just waiting on a release date now....
    Okay. This is sad. I'm loosing sleep and all of the thread. Searching web for more information. Does it really matter. No!!!! It's not out and looking over and over isn't going to make it debut sooner. I'm with Verizon. I don't know about switching to sprint. By the time it comes out, I'll have chewed off nails and will be standing in line to get my new Palm fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I have always had WM devices & now have a BB Curve. The Palm Pre is definitely worth the switch! I'm going to recommend to everyone I know to switch from whatever OS their using because honestly, at this time, you cant get anything better than this. I'm just waiting on a release date now....
    And you know this because you've personally used one?

How long will it take to get a decent number of 3rd party apps. for this? It's the only device with this new OS. Sprint will have it as an exclusive for a time. Are there going to be many developers jumping on to develop for this OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    And you know this because you've personally used one?

How long will it take to get a decent number of 3rd party apps. for this? It's the only device with this new OS. Sprint will have it as an exclusive for a time. Are there going to be many developers jumping on to develop for this OS?
    Both the overwhelming praise and the whining about what may be missing is premature. Reminds me of the Apple fanboys and their detractors.

There are still a lot of unknown details. It looks very promising, but it's too soon to know for sure how well this will work. But my favortie quote so far is this one:

"As a dedicated iPhone user, I experienced something very strange and quite unexpected while watching Palm demo the new OS: my iPhone suddenly felt old and played out. It's like Palm started with the iPhone, copied all the best ideas, and then made the whole package better."

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...em-at-ces.html
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    We need unlocked GSM - please!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Both the overwhelming praise and the whining about what may be missing is premature. Reminds me of the Apple fanboys and their detractors.
    Well this is the most exciting device from Palm since the original Treo (which wasn't even developed by Palm). You should expect some excitement in the forum.
    I'm happy for Palm, I was prepared to be disappointed, but instead I'm very impressed... I won't be switching back to Palm anytime soon, but once the 3rd party library matures, and the real world reviews show up, I may be tempted...
    HTC Touch Pro
    This is indeed a GAME CHANGER!
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I'm happy for Palm, I was prepared to be disappointed, but instead I'm very impressed... I won't be switching back to Palm anytime soon, but once the 3rd party library matures, and the real world reviews show up, I may be tempted...
    Same here.
    Just call me Berd.
    if many and as son as we move, this phone will be more popular, so it will receive developers attention. If you want this phone/os to succeed, we gotta get it asap.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast