Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Congrats Palm... here to 2009!!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I've ragged and ragged about Palm but this is the best humble pie I've tasted in a while. A *lot* of ex-palm users like me will be heading back to the family....
    Wow! I am impressed! I like almost everything I read, including the slider, 3.5mm headphone, BT, USB connector, slick multi-tasking, integrated Synergy of data.

The bad - Sprint. Yuch. Why can't Verizon ever get a phone first?

The unknown:
    Legacy Palm app support? - looks like none, but don't know
    PC/Mac desktop / sync? - only web sync?
    Media player details - formats supported (FLAC please!)
    Removable SD card?
    BT Keyboard? - Probably. Only Apple has a weird problem with this.
    Copy / Paste!!!
    Actually, sprint = good
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Let me first say that I got tired of waiting for Palm and got a Touch Pro. It's a cool phone but my Treo 700P (hell even my Treo 600) runs circles around it from a usability standpoint. This device looks really impressive! I'm looking forward to coming back to the family!

Quote Originally Posted by unfrostedpoptart View Post
    Wow! I am impressed! I like almost everything I read, including the slider, 3.5mm headphone, BT, USB connector, slick multi-tasking, integrated Synergy of data.

The bad - Sprint. Yuch. Why can't Verizon ever get a phone first?

The unknown:
    Legacy Palm app support? - looks like none, but don't know
    PC/Mac desktop / sync? - only web sync?
    Media player details - formats supported (FLAC please!)
    Removable SD card?
    BT Keyboard? - Probably. Only Apple has a weird problem with this.
    Copy / Paste!!!
    I don't think it'll have SD or microSD. They've included 8GB on board and are touting the external storage capabilities via microUSB.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    I don't think it'll have SD or microSD. They've included 8GB on board and are touting the external storage capabilities via microUSB.
    That'd be too bad. There's something to be said for additional storage that doesn't require you to carry something extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir View Post
    I didn't see anything about backwards compatibility for old apps (not that a lack of this will diminish a lot of the excitement over what they presented).
    Diminishes my excitement, but I'll wait and see before concluding anything about backwards compatability.
    -- Josh
    Sprint?! That's who Palm chose to debut this device? Until a GSM version comes out this thing is USA-only. Why cut down your potential user base like that, especially when your company is fighting for it's very life?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Sprint exclusive, sorry but I think it's worth moving to Sprint.
    Not if you don't live in the USA.

I'm guessing a GSM in Q3 - long time away though.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    GSM sucks in the US- come on- iPhone complainers-Sprint rocks- ! Once you get through the CS trap they are the best sounding, best coverage and overall cheapest of all of the providers. GSM is good in Europe . Period
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Sprint?! That's who Palm chose to debut this device? Until a GSM version comes out this thing is USA-only. Why cut down your potential user base like that, especially when your company is fighting for it's very life?
    ya i know, since i live in canada.. that means i prob wont be able to use this phone prob for atleast 6 months if i am lucky... unless they have a gsm version in the works soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Where already hearing of CDMA Treo Pro, so we may see a GSM version of this phone soon also. Just a guess.
    Just call me Berd.
    Does anyone have any idea when this will be released? First quarter?
    Treo Pro isn't even out yet with Sprint..
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when this will be released? First quarter?
    Treo Pro isn't even out yet with Sprint..
    They said first half 2009, as soon as possible, and that they still had to obtain certifications, etc.

Logically speaking, they need this to hit the market fast, as well.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    i loved my touch pro this morning and now i hate it!
    I love my touch pro. But...damn...not as much as this morning. Me wants the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    GSM sucks in the US- come on- iPhone complainers-Sprint rocks- ! Once you get through the CS trap they are the best sounding, best coverage and overall cheapest of all of the providers. GSM is good in Europe . Period
    Correct.

Absolutely amazing device. Hard to believe that the Pre is from the same company who produced the ill-fated 800w. Wow!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I'll be in as soon as I can activate 1 on Verizon..
    Either thru Verizon having their own or them opening up Sprint devices on the Verizon network like they promised.

I think alot of folks are in my boat and cant or wont leave Verizon just for hardware now matter how incredible it is.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    "I think alot of folks are in my boat and cant or wont leave Verizon just for hardware now matter how incredible it is."

Hope to hear soon if VZW will carry this or open up Sprint phones on their network.

Maybe all us VZW users can start sending email to VZW asking for it?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Wow -- I am shocked. I really thought Palm was a goner. This really looks promising.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast