Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dieter will be there live today at the CES Palm event to keep us all up to date with all that goes on.

Have fun Dieter!!!!
    is there a set time that palm will be making there presentation?
    Should be starting anytime now, shouldn't it?
    2pm EST

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i just saw it says 10am pst
    One hour to go...I can't stand the wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    i just saw it says 10am pst
    yeah, should be 11pst

so for all this time I almost forgot, was that a device that will be released on NOVA OS or devices (as in more than one)? I remember faintly that Ed Colligen said devices few months ago. We know three rumors; "Sprint Treo Pro". "NOVA OS" and "Nova based smartphone". Any other predictions or leaks???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    You know, this would be so much easier if there was just a streaming video feed direct from Palm, like Microsoft did for Ballmer's keynote.
    I had reached the hate zenith of my love/hate with Palm quite some time ago. But now, beyond all reasonableness, I am looking foward to the release.

The rational part of me realizes this devcie will never, ever reach my hoped for expextations, or even what Palm needs to survive as a viable company, and yet... I have logged in (for the first time in, what, a year?) just to see what Palm can do.

I am routing for you, Palm, you plucky little underdog. But I fear you will be releasing the "Centro II" instead.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    so for all this time I almost forgot, was that a device that will be released on NOVA OS or devices (as in more than one)? I remember faintly that Ed Colligen said devices few months ago. We know three rumors; "Sprint Treo Pro". "NOVA OS" and "Nova based smartphone". Any other predictions or leaks???
    today: one device announced (Quatro), on Sprint, end of Q2

but Palm will put Nova on many things eventually...

12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Dieter is now live
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Please not some CDMA thing. Please.

Palm, please, at least make this launch LOOK like you would want compete with the big ones: Nokia, Apple, RIM, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    today: one device announced (Quatro), on Sprint, end of Q2

but Palm will put Nova on many things eventually...
    So we went from 3 (Treo) to 4 (Quatro)? I wonder what the 4th element is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I don't think Palm itself would officially announce a Sprint carried product as sprint before Sprint. I think generally speaking the official announcements are left to the carrier. With makers, what you hear mainly is "with a major carrier" and then which on is unofficially leaked (some of the time). Other guys here know more about ht history of this.
    so did you grab the domain quatrocentral.com yet?
    Verizon is the carrier most in need of a 'prosumer' Treo. All they have is the 700P which they are still trying to sell for $299 with contract? Sprint at least has the 800W and now apparently the Pro. ATT users can get an unlocked Pro if they want. ATT and Sprint have had the 'antenna-less' Treos forever.

Doesn't Verizon have the biggest customer base? I left Verizon over a year ago because I was annoyed that they were letting their Treo offerings rot. Now I'm back because my company-issued phone is Verizon. You know they've been wanting an iPhone like splash in the market and it doesn't look like the Storm was it.

I'm hoping that by May I'm able to get a Nova phone from Verizon.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    so did you grab the domain quatrocentral.com yet?
    Good Point!
    Assuming what we see today isn't the biggest disappointment since Foleo, that is....
    What did the original Treo stand for? Phone, Email, PDA? I don't think we'll see quatro, though I do like that name. I'll bet they go with a name that symbolizes simplification rather than indicate it can do lots of stuff. This event feels like Apple at work. Very closely guarded secret, unveil something with a simple name (ipod, iphone, air, etc).

Couldn't you see this thing being called the Palm One?
Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast