Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcace View Post
    Mimics the Blue Angel form factor.
    That was my thought exactly when I first saw it. It looks like an updated Blue Angel. I had the Sprint version (the 6600 I believe), but have since moved on to ATT.
    Jeff
    Palm's stock just broke $4
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timec View Post
    How bad would it have been if it locked up and they had to pull the battery.
    That would have been classic, and at the same time, sad.

A laugh and cry situation.
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably do that, but one thing Palm needs to do. MARKET this device! Don't let it go unheard like their past devices.
    They have addressed so many things that bother me on all of todays Smartphones. Just today I was interrupted two times by notifications that threw me out of the mail I wrote. And then I wanted to look something up during writing, but I decided not to do so, because it just would have been rather much efford..
    It is really this 'ease of unse' thing. Intuitive. This laks most existing OS/devices.
    And the one that has it is so crippelt in functionality that I can't really call the device 'smart'.
    I'm very curious to see more. And, as I am on GSM, I will have the opportunity. And then I will buy.
    Very impressive so far Palm!

A dream (for me) would be to have kind of a 'virtual TX' running on it in a hopefully existing PalmOS card. I sill can not say good buy to my TX. :-))
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Palm's stock just broke $4
    That's it!

<Thread Closed> OT
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No price, battery details and availability aside... Palm basically puller their pants down, showed us how big a pair they have and squat over the BB Storm and left a steamy pile on top of it....bravo Palm!
    OMG! rolflmao!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
    Very disappointed there is no mention or hint of Verizon.
    Its clear Sprint has the exclusive for now. How come they are going to mention the word Verizon at the presentation? ... Come on!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I certainly wouldn't call this a "sexy" looking phone. It's kind of like the pretty girl's (handsome boy's) friend. Not as good looking, but has a great personality. Although I can't tell for sure, the pictures that were shown at CES sure didn't make it look like there was a memory slot.

I'll reserve my judgement on this phone until I can get it in my hands. I'm willing to overlook some unattractiveness if the OS is a homerun.
    just registered at www.sprint.com/pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    For those going on about specs, this is what was mentioned.

OMAP CPU

Stereo A2DP

EvDO Rev. A

802.11b/g

GPS

Blutooth

8GB storage

Portrait slide out keyboard

power button

MicroUSB 2.0 jack (with mass storage support)

3.5mm headphone jack

Replaceable battery

Volume rockers on the side, 3 mp camera with led flash.

3.1-inch display, 320 x 480 -- touchscreen, with multitouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Sprint has the exclusive. How come they are going to mention the word Verizon at the presentation? ...
    Because Verizon puts the manufacturers through hell and makes them dumb down and lock down their phones.

Can you hear me now?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Palm stock's up 13%
    I am now a palm shareholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDot View Post
    For those going on about specs, this is what was mentioned.

OMAP CPU

Stereo A2DP

EvDO Rev. A

802.11b/g

GPS

Blutooth

8GB storage

Portrait slide out keyboard

power button

MicroUSB 2.0 jack (with mass storage support)

3.5mm headphone jack

Replaceable battery

Volume rockers on the side, 3 mp camera with led flash.

3.1-inch display, 320 x 480 -- touchscreen, with multitouch
    I read at some site, not sure which, its the TI OMAP 3430.
    pre-register site wont confirm registration..cant load page
    Do you really need an email to know when it'll be ready to purchase?
    video: http://qik.com/streams/download/7046...97?version=mp4

or stream it here: http://qik.com/serkoart

demo starts about 5 minutes 30 seconds in
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    pre-register site wont confirm registration..cant load page
    It confirmed for me. Try again. Their servers are probably getting hammered, or at least I'd like to think so.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks to Dieters excellent coverage. I'm all in with the Pre.
    A one handed device with a Palm keyboard? Are you kidding? This is the best of both worlds and it appears to have everything I love about Palm and none of the things I hate. As a long time Treo and Sprint user I'm all over this device when it's released.

Was there any mention of price? Battery life?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Does not seem to have anything on the Sprint site yet regarding pre-registering.
    Nothing yet, been there, done that, checked the local coverage map (very slow, maybe thousands of others are doing the same).
    -- Josh
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast