Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Jeeze, this didn't take long, did it? Everyone was worried about Palm's Last Stand at CES. Palm comes out and demos an insane freakin' device, and it takes all of two minutes for the whining to start.

*sigh*
    I don't think people are whining. Like me, most of us here are amazed at the phone and the OS, but Palm could have done more if this is their last stand. They really have only one shot at this and if it's not amazing and widely available, they might not survive to release a version 2. Here, we all want them to survive, so I guess some of us are just a little bit frustrated.
    Jeff
    Mimics the Blue Angel form factor. My favorite phone of all time. I'm in and will even switch to Sprint to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No price, battery details and availability aside... Palm basically puller their pants down, showed us how big a pair they have and squat over the BB Storm and left a steamy pile on top of it....bravo Palm!

As ED said, they still need finish it up. It's not a finished product so far.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Palm stock's up 13%
    I know I bought 100 shares at 1.94 a few weeks ago. Wish I would have bought a couple thousand
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5. OFN
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    by not having the PRE-registration info on their website right now...
    I just registered www.sprint.com/pre
    Folks, the apps don't RUN on the web. They just use web technology: html, css, javascript . . . It's like the phone interface is just a slick Web2.0 browser.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX View Post
    Having no card slot is a deal-breaker.
    It would be. OTOH, since card slots have been standard on Palm's devices for many years now, so it's not something they'd necessarily play up. I'm waiting to see a spec sheet before I count that out.
    Palm's site isnt showing any changes, either!! Both of them are shooting themselves in the foot!

Nevermind...I just registered!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Palm stock's up 13%
    Yeah, and I for some reason thought it was too much of a risk to buy Palm stock when it was 1.50.
    Very sexy charger - out of the box or just an accessory??

The name sucks big time... 'Next' might have been taken :P

PS: leaving out 2/3th (or more) of the world by failing to deliver GSM... smart move uh :S
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    by not having the PRE-registration info on their website right now...
    Palm has stepped it up with this device but they are still in grade school in terms of marketing. Apple would've had the Pre site ready to go as soon as the presentationw as over with all types of glossy shots and details and demos.

Oh well. I'll be content that Palm actually created a phoen that seems to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

PS: leaving out 2/3th (or more) of the world by failing to deliver GSM... smart move uh :S

They did the same thing for the first winMOB treo, no big deal for Palm.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    i just chatted with sprint online and they had nothing to offer the service rep never even heard of ces.
    Sadly, I don't find that surprising at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post

Let's face it though. Sprint has always had a great relationship with Palm/ Handspring, especially in bad times (like right now). AT&T has the iPhone, so they wouldn't be as interested. T-Mobile has the G1. Verizon has the Storm.

That leave Sprint without a high-end phone, so they'll be able to market it best too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OFN View Post
    I just registered www.sprint.com/pre
    Thanks! I'm in also.
    Hey, that Sprint Pre pre-reg page has a glimpse of the phone app.
    Oh I was praying my buying into their stock at 1.14 wouldn't fail me and now I'm not sure when to sell it ^_^
    BTW, the phone app screen is visible on Sprints site. It looks like a small card floating on the other apps.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How bad would it have been if it locked up and they had to pull the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Oh I was praying my buying into their stock at 1.14 wouldn't fail me and now I'm not sure when to sell it ^_^
    I would say in the next few days. I can't imagine it staying up when they don't deliver before the hype dies down.
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast