Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    698 Global Posts
    God I hope it will work with a Sero plan.
    So the only mention of old apps is that it took Pandora 3-days to port over? Boy, I hoped I missed something there.
    Way to go Dieter! Thanks for the excellent coverage! You had my clapping my hands in applause as Palm has outdone them selves. The wait was certainly worth it!
    I noticed an important omission: How much is it?
    It's going, it's going, it's... Oh, hit the wall. Standing triple for Palm.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    No price, no GSM version, I'm horribly upset!

Will a video of this presentation be posted to Palm.com?

Bring this to the EU dammit!

I don't think they've revealed everything just yet. I bet there's more.
    Must . . . contain . . . excitement!
    No app store either.
    wow

was NOT expecting THAT
    Perry, where are you? Silly season has begun again!
    Ok. the most important question has not been addressed so far: does it allow thousands of old Palm OS apps?

Without the back compatiablity, I highly doubt it can be a success. It is just a Touch Dual clone.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I'm worried about the lack of pricing and solid availability date
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    So the only mention of old apps is that it took Pandora 3-days to port over? Boy, I hoped I missed something there.
    Actually Pandora doesn't exist on Palm. It took them 3 days to write a new application based on their existing website, I presume.
    Overall, very nice. But why the smallish screen and so so resolution? Also, what about battery life?
    Very disappointed there is no mention or hint of Verizon. I don't want to be relegated to WinMobile or Blackberry for future upgrades...
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Ok. the most important question has not been addressed so far: does it allow thousands of old Palm OS apps?

Without the back compatiablity, I highly doubt it can be a success. It is just a Touch Dual clone.
    Are you kidding me? Most of the Palm OS apps are outdated. With the ease of development of new apps using all of the features of the current tech out there, these palm os apps are old news already.
    And no mention at all of the phone app???
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post

Totally agree. Might as well look at Android if none of my Palm apps will work. With Android I can get a GSM phone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I wish someone would update their site! I'd love to pre-register for this, SPRINT. And why doesn't Palm have anything on their website?