Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 510
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    same page notes that it's going to be a device based app store like the iphone.
    You gotta give it to Palm, they really nailed this one. I'm pumped.
  2. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    You gotta give it to Palm, they really nailed this one. I'm pumped.
    Yeah, I'm really impressed with what's gone on today - I look forward to come back to the "family"
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    doesnt matter.. you do NOT design a smartphone without a card slot. thats RETARDED!
    I think the thing on the right hand side might actually be an expansion microSD or SD slot. Someone noted that maybe it was the microUSB port but I think not because look at the picture with the cable plugged into the Pre. It connects at the top of the phone which means the microUSB is located there. That would mean that would indeed be the card slot on the side.

    BTW - If not having a card slot is retarded then Apple has quite a few retarded smartphones and MP3 players.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I think the thing on the right hand side might actually be an expansion microSD or SD slot. Someone noted that maybe it was the microUSB port but I think not because look at the picture with the cable plugged into the Pre. It connects at the top of the phone which means the microUSB is located there. That would mean that would indeed be the card slot on the side.

    BTW - If not having a card slot is retarded then Apple has quite a few retarded smartphones and MP3 players.
    i agree.. apple DOES have many retarded devices. iPhone being one. I despise apple and all of their products.
    -tgwaste
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I think the thing on the right hand side might actually be an expansion microSD or SD slot. Someone noted that maybe it was the microUSB port but I think not because look at the picture with the cable plugged into the Pre. It connects at the top of the phone which means the microUSB is located there. That would mean that would indeed be the card slot on the side.

    BTW - If not having a card slot is retarded then Apple has quite a few retarded smartphones and MP3 players.
    I know that they showed the 3.5" audio jack is in the top center. The pictures that mention microUSB point to the right side of the device as well.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I seriously doubt that this will have backwards compatibility with Garnet. Palm will have their hands busy supporting the new OS and developing new phones for other (GSM) networks. Not providing backwards compatibility also necessitates developers to port their apps to WebOS quicker.
    According to CNET, "It is Linux-based, though that is invisible for most developers as the tools to write applications are JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. It won't natively run applications written for the original Palm OS, but Maes said "we anticipate there will be solutions to do so."

    http://ces.cnet.com/8301-19167_1-101...g=2547-1_3-0-5
  7. #327  
    It says USB Mass Storage...so I'm not sure if you can use a flash drive or what....questions, questions...
    All for One and One for All!
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    It says USB Mass Storage...so I'm not sure if you can use a flash drive or what....questions, questions...
    Might be. Though it could mean that when you plug into a computer, the device is seen as USB Mass Storage, not that its a host.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Might be. Though it could mean that when you plug into a computer, the device is seen as USB Mass Storage, not that its a host.
    thats exactly what it means, also the slot on the right is for the micro usb connector. there is no SD here.
    -tgwaste
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    NP. I can hope that it's a slot. Though it doesn't at all say anything about expandable in the details on the Palm site.

    Hopefully more than just that.
    Pic from engadget coverage of the event, it's the MicroUSB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  11. #331  
    I don't know if anyone else noticed that the USB cables pictured with the 'Vehicle power charger' and the 'Wall charger', quite distinctly have a silver (steel) button on them. To me that clearly suggests some sort of 'hot syncing'. Atleast I can't think of any other reason for the button to be there.

    http://www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Might be. Though it could mean that when you plug into a computer, the device is seen as USB Mass Storage, not that its a host.
    That is most likely what that means by USB mass storage. That would be a most welcome feature whereas with the iPhone you are stuck moving everything back and for with iTunes which is TRULY retarded.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    That is most likely what that means by USB mass storage. That would be a most welcome feature whereas with the iPhone you are stuck moving everything back and for with iTunes which is TRULY retarded.
    Which is why Apple sucks. Completely crippled.
  14. bender29's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #334  
    http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=14649

    From the specs for the CPU (TI OMAP3430):
    IVA™ 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720x480 pixels) 30 fps
    and
    # Composite and S-video TV output
    # XGA (1024x768 pixels), 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support
    Wonder if there'll be a tv-out cable like with the HTC Touch Pro
  15. #335  
    In terms od Copy/Paste, the Blog on Engadget mentioned being able to drag the email app into IM. Not sure what he meant but maybe he copied text from an email into IM by dragging it from one to the other?
  16. #336  
    i just saw there are 437 people viewing the Pre forum. awesome!
  17. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    In terms od Copy/Paste, the Blog on Engadget mentioned being able to drag the email app into IM. Not sure what he meant but maybe he copied text from an email into IM by dragging it from one to the other?

    Well the communication app is threaded so if Bob sends you an email then a text then a facebook message, they all appear as part of the same thread, so maybe he means this makes it easier to then find and drag info from one bit to another.
  18. Padre's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #338  
    They've stated copy/paste function is available through the gesture area. thumb on gesture area, second finger highlights area to be copied.

    Engadget hands on..."We're told that the OS is based on Linux, and is in some way an extension of what they've been crafting for a while now. The device will feature copy and paste, which is implemented by holding a thumb on the gesture area and grabbing the text you want with your other thumb or a finger -- there's also a dropdown menu that lets your move through a number of editing options"

    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/p...ds-on-gallery/
  19. #339  
    More information on 'Cut & Paste', from Engadget.
    The device will feature copy and paste, which is implemented by holding a thumb on the gesture area and grabbing the text you want with your other thumb or a finger -- there's also a dropdown menu that lets your move through a number of editing options.
    Palm Pre in-depth impressions, video, and huge hands-on gallery
  20. #340  
    Wow, sweet lookin' device!

    1st half of 09 though? Sounds a little vague that they couldn't even narrow it down to a specific quarter. I hope this doesn't mean it will be 9 months before we can even get our hands on one (given the demand).

Posting Permissions