Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Are you the first to change your Avatar?
    Lol I would hope so. I just love this device ^_^
    I just "got" the name... They now have the Pre and the Pro.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The other thing that's gone into the dustbin (or so it seems) is desktop sync - it's cloud all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I just "got" the name... They now have the Pre and the Pro.
    I thought it meant Prelude of things to come - Forward thinking.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The other thing that's gone into the dustbin (or so it seems) is desktop sync - it's cloud all the way.
    Good riddance!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Good riddance!
    Even if you have outlook, if you look at the spec, you need exchange server.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Maybe it's only there in Iowa
    When I just clicked on their "Phones" link it brought up the Pre, Treo Pro, and Centro.

All the Pre info now is up and working.

.....and there is no mention of a mini/micro usb expansion slot.
    Looks like its there to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Link Broken?
    Yeah. Fixed. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    According to the Details page, I'm not seeing a card slot. According to the gallery images on Palm's site, I'm not seeing a place for a card slot. 8GB (7.4 GB user accessible) is not enough.

Unless the card slot is accessible through the back plate where the battery lives, I'm thinking the Pre doesn't have one.

Argh. Why, WHY, WHY?!? Palm, this is intolerable. Some of us don't like to be limited to 8 GB.

I'm sorry, but why is it this company excels at so many things, but has those two or three annoyances that make each and every one of their devices less than perfect?!?

Oh well, off to HTC or possibly Apple I go.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Looks like its there to me...
    Your're right!

However, if you click SHOP the 800w has been removed from that page and replaced by the Pre.

I was really getting scared that the Iowa and CT webs were different!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Although according to the Palm page for the Touchstone, I get the impression this is a separate device and not included. It would appear you also need a special backplate for the Pre to use the Touchstone, although details on the site are sketchy.
    I thought it meant Prelude of things to come - Forward thinking.
    I recall something in Dieter's reporting about being "first" or "ahead", thus "pre."
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Even if you have outlook, if you look at the spec, you need exchange server.
    That's another show stopper for me (GSM was the other). No desktop synch will also mean no PocketQuicken. Fortunately I have a spare Cento NIB.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX View Post
    According to the Details page, I'm not seeing a card slot. According to the gallery images on Palm's site, I'm not seeing a place for a card slot. 8GB (7.4 GB user accessible) is not enough.
    There's something on the right-hand side (with the PrPrPr&#$275$; $facing$ $you$) $in$ $the$ $pics$. $Seems$ $the$ $right$ $size$ $for$ $a$ $microSD$ $slot$.

To get everything else so very right on this and not include an expansion slot is just dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Although according to the Palm page for the Touchstone, I get the impression this is a separate device and not included. It would appear you also need a special backplate for the Pre to use the Touchstone, although details on the site are sketchy.
    Has Palm ever included a cradle with their smartphones?
    Palm and innovation, together again!

I am most pleasantly suprised. The Pre might just save Palm from extinction.

Ratings so far:

OS = A
    Hardware = B
    Name = F

But who cares if Pre is a stupid name. I may yet remain with Palm.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)

Unless the card slot is accessible through the back plate where the battery lives, I'm thinking the Pre doesn't have one.

Argh. Why, WHY, WHY?!? Palm, this is intolerable. Some of us don't like to be limited to 8 GB.

I'm sorry, but why is it this company excels at so many things, but has those two or three annoyances that make each and every one of their devices less than perfect?!?
    Oh well, off to HTC or possibly Apple I go.
    Before you jump off the building why not wait and see if it really does have one or not. I would not end it all based on wild speculation.

BTW, apple = no card memory
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Your're right!

However, if you click SHOP the 800w has been removed from that page and replaced by the Pre.

I was really getting scared that the Iowa and CT webs were different!
    I clicked shop and this is what I get:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That's another show stopper for me (GSM was the other). No desktop synch will also mean no PocketQuicken. Fortunately I have a spare Cento NIB.

You can still sync directly with your mail server. No need to sync with outlook unless you are using exchange.

Pocket Quicken is dead technology. They have been stuck on Version 2.5 for years now.

Look at Splash money. It syncs directly with your banks server OTA.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    When I click on anything about the Pre on their site the screen goes dark and won't load anything.