Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    I am getting concerned about backwards compatability... BUT, let's keep in mind that Palm just created an App store. I'm sure they didn't create it to start with an empty store. There's gotta be some backwards compatability in here somewhere.
    -- Josh
    I'm not sure which of the two routes are logical.

If they make it backwards compatible, and stability issues arise, people will be complaining.

Also, Palm would have to spend time working with the OS to keep it stable with all the old 3rd party apps.

I know they need to start pulling in revenue now, and making it backward compatible would help in that effort.

But, if they devoted their time to improving on this OS, and developing apps for it, it may be a safer move.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris44gw View Post
    I searched the thread and didn't see it so here:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

sorry if it's been posted already
    Nice! Thanks for the link
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Sprint might take a page out of the evil blue when it comes to data pricing...but quite honestly, in their current financial state, would you blame them?

As long as they don't make you pay for "Palm Pre Data Plan" like AT&T does Iphoney owners, I'm good. Just because I bought a cadillac doesn't mean I should have to pump it with premium...
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No price, battery details and availability aside... Palm basically puller their pants down, showed us how big a pair they have and squat over the BB Storm and left a steamy pile on top of it....bravo Palm!
    nice
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Can't wait to hear the next Treocast and hear what others think about this device.
    Are you the first to change your Avatar?
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow. This post count restriction is dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Palm just updated their site!!!! I haven't clicked the link yet, but it just showed up!! 800w moved off the page...

*edit: they seem to be in the process of still adding the info, but they have a pretty picture and page set up...
    the 800w is still there...
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Palm stock's up 13%

Duh. When the venture capitalists stepped up with ANOTHER $100 million after sinking $300 mil into flailing Palm, I knew that they must have seen today's presentation first! Who would dump another $100m in this economy into Palm without being blown away by the new device?

Hats off to Palm, that's for sure.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Wow. This post count restriction is dumb.
    I think it was put in place to help cut down on spam.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow! Is it me or did this look like Palm created a whole new company full of brand new brilliant developers?

I am wondering about the price too . It seems that the Pre is Sprint's competitive answer to Verizon's Storm & AT&T's iPhone exclusives. If this is true, logic dictates that it has to be priced competitively with those phones which are $199 with two year contract. My guess is it will be priced between $199 - $299. I also think that even $299 might be too much of a difference in price to overcome the iPhone's Kool-Ade brainwashing hype commercials. So I would expect it to be closer to $199.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think it was put in place to help cut down on spam.
    Oh, I know. I should stop complaining. ;-) Now, back to the topic @hand. Or @Palm, as it were!
    Check it:

With Microsoft’s rather anemic keynote at CES 2009, the show was up in the air for another company to step up to the plate and garner all the attention from the press. Thus, Palm was in a perfect position to steal the show and after following the various live feeds . . . I would have to say that Palm did just that.
    (emphasis added)

Congratulations Palm! You needed to hit a homerun today to stay relevant in the mobile space and I would have to say you did just that. I can’t wait to get my hands on a Pre and am now really disappointed I was unable to make the trip to CES.
    SCORE!
    looks a lot like the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcace View Post
    Thanks! I'm in also.
    "We'll let you know the instant the Palm Pre is available"
    Cool. Registered.
    -- Josh
    Anything over 250 is failure imo. The price has to be 199 if they want people to switch carriers. 250 leaves them thinking and 299 won't even turn their heads.
    TreoCentral liveblog coverage was 10 times better than gizmodo's - theirs was lame and didn't have half the content dieter was able to cover. Mad props my boy!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    the 800w is still there...
    Maybe it's only there in Iowa
    When I just clicked on their "Phones" link it brought up the Pre, Treo Pro, and Centro.

All the Pre info now is up and working.

.....and there is no mention of a mini/micro SD card expansion slot.
    Last edited by OnTheFly; 01/08/2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not sure which of the two routes are logical.

If they make it backwards compatible, and stability issues arise, people will be complaining.

Also, Palm would have to spend time working with the OS to keep it stable with all the old 3rd party apps.

I know they need to start pulling in revenue now, and making it backward compatible would help in that effort.

But, if they devoted their time to improving on this OS, and developing apps for it, it may be a safer move.

Also:
    "Thinking ahead is a beautiful thing"

They don't say; "Thinking backward is a beautiful thing"

From: http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Last edited by EdCates; 01/08/2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Mangled URL
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Link Broken?
    Just call me Berd.