Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 5hieldz
  • 1 Post By Soorma
  • 1 Post By 5hieldz
  1.    #1  
    Guys i have a Blackberry Storm in my hand... just retired my Treo 650 a few weeks ago... I hope some REALLY REALLY good news comes from this!! I might return the Blackberry.. we'll see... but in 6 months when we see an actual phone on the shelf... the Storm will be 6 months more mature.. crap... DAMN YOU PALM! your like that first girl that i'll never forget, that i still want to play with.
    antonio3, I too am excited. the dark side has been calling me, namely a sprint mogul. I'm still on my 700p going on 3 years this summer. but now the palm passion is back we need to all standup cross our fingers and hope this is the chosen one
    Standing by and have been for eons. But this anticipation is really so much fun.
    I'm pretty nuts about this, too. I'm damn-near giddy, to be honest.

And, that's pretty strange considering how unlikely I think it is that I'd jump on whatever they unveil, right away. I guess the tech geek in me is going to be interested regardless of whether the device or o.s. is for me.

Kinda like with Android, I guess.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I am too and I know VZW wont carry it..
    whats wrong with me??
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    My thought exactly!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Me, too!

My 24 month Sprint contract expires in June and I'll jump all over the new Nova phone assuming it has the features I need - tight integration with MS Exchange, WiFi, and a quality BT implementation - and those I want - excellent audio/video and web browser. If not I may need to join the dark side and pop for an 800w.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Quote Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
    Me, too!

My 24 month Sprint contract expires in June and I'll jump all over the new Nova phone assuming it has the features I need - tight integration with MS Exchange, WiFi, and a quality BT implementation - and those I want - excellent audio/video and web browser. If not I may need to join the dark side and pop for an 800w.

Martin
    Why would you get an 800w instead of a Treo Pro?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Why would you get an 800w instead of a Treo Pro?
    I just saw the Sprint Treo 850e link to WMExperts (Treo Pro).

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Excited does not quite describe my feeling. Nervous would be a better description. I am nervous because this is Palm's last chance to deliver a product for all of us loyal followers. We need an announcement today of a feature rich phone with PalmOS compatibility that will be available within 90 days. Anything less and my feeling would be disappointment.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Excited does not quite describe my feeling. Nervous would be a better description. I am nervous because this is Palm's last chance to deliver a product for all of us loyal followers. We need an announcement today of a feature rich phone with PalmOS compatibility that will be available within 90 days. Anything less and my feeling would be disappointment.
    I have a battered wife mentality with Palm, but this will be their last chance to keep me as a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    From what most are reporting, you'll be disappointed if you want it in 90 days. June is the reported release month.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I have a battered wife mentality with Palm, but this will be their last chance to keep me as a fan.
    Wow, I couldn't have put it better myself. i've dealt w/ crap on my Treo 755p for over 18 months now have defended it against every pundent out there.

Let's Do It! Time to kick some @ss!
    My Sprint contract ends in May, so if it's June, I'm in perfect shape.
    Hopefully Sprint won't make you get the $100 Everything plan to get the new Palm phone like they did with the Instinct.
    I have the $30 SERO and do not want to give it up.
    My excitement comes from knowing what's currently out in the market (iPhone, Google G1, HTC Touch Pro/HD, etc.) and not knowing what Palm has come up with and are describing as an "amazing" device to compete with and/or be better than these already existing devices.

Guess it's sit and wait for stories about ďall that Palm New-ness youíve been waiting for" we will hopefully be getting today.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    My Sprint contract ends in May, so if it's June, I'm in perfect shape.
    Hopefully Sprint won't make you get the $100 Everything plan to get the new Palm phone like they did with the Instinct.
    I have the $30 SERO and do not want to give it up.
    Are they seriously forcing people into the $100 everything plan if your current plan already includes voice/data/sms? In our current economy I think that would be a deal breaker for me. I want my payments to remain the same or go down, not increase 30%!!!

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Are they seriously forcing people into the $100 everything plan if your current plan already includes voice/data/sms? In our current economy I think that would be a deal breaker for me. I want my payments to remain the same or go down, not increase 30%!!!
    For the Instinct, you have to get the $100 plan.
    I think that's the only Sprint phone that has that requirement.
    Hopefully, the new Palm phone will be different.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    sure was a long time ago hey...

are ur thoughts still the same?? just curious
    Soorma likes this.
    Ah man, this brings back memories of me sitting in high school refreshing Palm's stock on one monitor and CES on the other
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    5hieldz likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Ah man, this brings back memories of me sitting in high school refreshing Palm's stock on one monitor and CES on the other
    its almost sad i wanted to see webos go big... 2008/09 the original pre commercials they where good i was excited, but all the problems they had has tragic i didnt watch it closely but i assumer it was budgeting
    Soorma likes this.