Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So where will be the best or closest to live updates for this Thursday regarding Palm?

How will TreoCentral or other sites handle Palm CES 2009 coverage?

Web site updates, Twitter, blogs ,etc...
    TreoCentral will have a coveritlive blog, video, Qik is likely, and a hands-on later in the day if possible. Twitter: treocentral
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info Dieter. Looking forward to it!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    PIC will be liveblogging fron the event & shooting video & stills if at all possible. After the event is over we'll hunker down in the war room to digest everyting and put up a more detailed overview of everything later that day.

Not sure about any hands-on time yet but hopefully so!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Way to go Kris. Get in there and get nasty about it. Make sure that device can play an MP3, put one call on hold, get an alarm, switch back and forth from an embedded YouTube vid in the browser, answer a second call, while recording it all at 44K bitrate. If you can't, don't even show up.
    Patrick Horne
    Well, it looks like there's going to be more than enough real-deal coverage of the event FWIW, I set up a twitter account to update folks as well, just in case information you haven't quite reached information overload.

http://twitter.com/rparvez
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    PIC will be liveblogging fron the event & shooting video & stills if at all possible. After the event is over we'll hunker down in the war room to digest everyting and put up a more detailed overview of everything later that day.

Not sure about any hands-on time yet but hopefully so!
    I asked about that when the Palm rep contacted me. He said essentially:

pretty much anything goes except for streaming video live. But if you record video on your digital camera and upload it after, that's a workaround.

I forget his exact wording, but it wasn't far from that.

Riz
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, Rizwan! Looking forward to the BIG day on Thurs. Maybe we can meet up there at some point during the festivities. Congrats again on winning the contest!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Thanks for the info, Rizwan! Looking forward to the BIG day on Thurs. Maybe we can meet up there at some point during the festivities. Congrats again on winning the contest!
    Hey sounds like a plan. I'll send you a PM.

Riz
  10.    #10  
    I'm thinking we need a countdown clock!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    when on thursday is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    when on thursday is it?
    TC says 10am PST (UTC-8hrs) http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2302-1.htm

The CES website says 11am
    Last edited by johncc; 01/06/2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    As far as I know, it's 11am PST/2pm EST, as confirmed directly earlier today by Palm's PRPRPR $people$.
  14.    #14  
    Looks like Ed Colligan will do a live interview after the announcement tomorrow on CNBC.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28541238
    It's 11am pst, the story is a misprint.

OTOH, I'll be there plenty early
    FROM CNBC

The other big story I'll be following Thursday is the widely expected announcement from Palm about a new mobile operating system, dubbed Nova. This long-delayed software release is the first major OS update since 2002. The wildcard is that Palm may also surprise us with a new handset as well. A long-shot, but there's lots of buzz about that.

Still, the Nova news might be big enough on its own. These are make-or-break times for Palm. Sales have been slumping, red ink is rising, and the company continues to lose ground against Research in Motion, which is having a phenomenal few days for its stock lately, and Apple Inc. and the iPhone. The problem for Palm and Nova, however, is that I'm hearing while Palm will unveil the software Thursday, handsets running it might still be several quarters away.

CEO Ed Colligan has been on the hot seat lately, and he will sit down with me for a live, First-On CNBC interview after his announcement during "Street Signs" on Thursday. Ed's a good guy, a straight-shooter and a great interview so I'm looking forward to that one too.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Just heard from someone on the ground...fwiw

The device is called the Quatro; hits end of 2nd quarter and they demo'd Nova over projectors connected to the Quatro (closed audience)--opinion? It's really good...like blown away good.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

The device is called the Quatro; hits end of 2nd quarter and they demo'd Nova over projectors connected to the Quatro (closed audience)--opinion? It's really good...like blown away good.
    Do the folks at Schick Razors know about this?
    Could be a copyright lawsuit.
    God, I wish it was 2 o'clock.
  19.    #19  
    Dont know if it matters, but the Schick ones uses 2 tt's.

Quattro
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Hmmm, the Treo was the combination of three things, like internet, e-mail, and PIM (did I get that right?).

For all those wondering how to get the news on Palm's CES announcements, fear not...
    Quatro = internet + e-mail + PIM + mental telepathy!

I'll just sit here in rural Upstate NY. When Nova goes live, the news conference will start streaming directly into my brain.

Now THAT would be a game-changer, eh?
    -- Josh
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast