Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Dont know if it matters, but the Schick ones uses 2 tt's.

Quattro
    Just the fact they sound the same could cause enough confusion.
    Personally, I'm a Gillette Fusion Power man myself.
  2.    #22  
    Anyone notice that PIC is down. I guess to much traffic\hits on server.
    Anyone notice that PIC is down. I guess to much traffic\hits on server.
    Yep, she's down.
    So here's a question...

Could I attend CES 2010? I know it's full of media and industry types, what abuot general public? If only certain categories of professionals can attend, what are those categories so I can see if I fit?

It would be a hell of a lot of fun. Probably would be burnt out for months on gizmo-wizardry after a couple days. But I'm willing to risk it.
    -- Josh
  5.    #25  
    That's pretty bad for PIC, one of the biggest days for Palm and they are not online.
    That's pretty bad for PIC, one of the biggest days for Palm and they are not online.
    Maybe they have the scoop and have to wait til 2 p.m. to put it up?
    can anyone teach me how to get into deiter's coveritlive site? pls?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    can anyone teach me how to get into deiter's coveritlive site? pls?
    http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php...ode=f01a83ad60
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Maybe they have the scoop and have to wait til 2 p.m. to put it up?
    They are back!

After a few server hiccups PalmInfocenter is back up and reporting from the Venetian.
    Dont know if it matters, but the Schick ones uses 2 tt's.Quattro
    it matters. its not infringement.

palm and/po commentators have been using quatro as a codename or leaked hardware name associated with nova OS for at least 6 months. I think the first guess here was a year ago: $1 for this guy with Mals confimeraiton:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141871
    Last edited by aero; 01/08/2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Although not the Palm keynote at this time, engadget is doing some pretty good coverage of CES.. http://ces.engadget.com/
    Current keynote coverage: Live from Howard Stringer's CES keynote
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Just the fact they sound the same could cause enough confusion.
    I'm not a lawyer, and don't even play one on TV, but I think trademarks are defined in terms of a given market area. As long as two companies' products aren't likely to be confused I don't think a trademark violation would exist even if the words were spelled identically.

I believe the issue is whether a holder of a trademark could convince a judge/jury that another organization's use of the mark could be confusing to consumers. Seems unlikely one could make a case that a smartphone could be confused with razor blades (or vice versa).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ...The device is called the Quatro;
    Do the folks at Schick Razors know about this?
    or Audi.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    As someone else mentioned - as long as Palm doesn't sell Razors or cars there is no problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, and don't even play one on TV, but I think trademarks are defined in terms of a given market area. As long as two companies' products aren't likely to be confused I don't think a trademark violation would exist even if the words were spelled identically.

I believe the issue is whether a holder of a trademark could convince a judge/jury that another organization's use of the mark could be confusing to consumers. Seems unlikely one could make a case that a smartphone could be confused with razor blades (or vice versa).
    I'm not so sure about that. Do a Google search on Monster Cable in regards to lawsuits and you'll find they've sued hundreds of companies for simply having the name Monster as part of their company name.
    I had heard about this yesterday on NPR. Most recent lawsuit was against a company named Monster Mini Golf. They did however settle their differences in this case and Monster Mini Golf can keep it's name
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Do a Google search on Monster Cable in regards to lawsuits and you'll find they've sued hundreds of companies for simply having the name Monster as part of their company name.
    I had heard about this yesterday on NPR. Most recent lawsuit was against a company named Monster Mini Golf. They did however settle their differences in this case and Monster Mini Golf can keep it's name
    Nope. Monster is overpriced Junk with a brand that is hawked on high margins by retailers. They spend a lot of time claiming there are are imitators.

There would be no successful (US) suit against any monster mini golf and Monster cable would be throw out and have to pay all the court costs unless monster mini golf did something to make it look like they were associated with monster cable or used the same typeface and pantone colors on logos etc.

beyond marks there are also copyright issues and again monster mini golf would have had to have lifted a phrase.

/Edit: looked at findlaw. Monster cable lost all the pretrial hearings, dropped the case, and did pay all if monster mini golfs legal costs
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Well, remember that anyone can sue anybody over anything at any time. Whether such a suit has merit is what matters.
    -- Josh (not a lawyer, but am a doctor, and we have this stuff reviewed all too often)
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    The engadget blog has pictures - so I'm guessing they are the best bet for getting a glance at the devices.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/l...nce/3#comments
    pic of airport setting and mountain setting: work and leisure, or work and more work
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast