Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    We have information from a trusted source that the latest Palm smartphone running the Nova operating system will be launched Thursday. The new phone will have a full QWERTY keyboard that will slide down under a portrait-oriented touchscreen. Weíll have a mock-up shortly.
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/01/04...e-touchscreen/
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Any idea when it will be available? And which carrier?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Could this image be true afterall?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44432840@N00/3142231559/
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    I have never had a slider phone before. I have seen quite a few friends with them and they all seem to be very happy with their performance but do any of you know of any sliders that suffered mechanical failure as a result of being a slider (like a broken hinge or groove or something)?
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Me likey! Big(er) screen, a real keyboard, everything I have heard about Nova has been good. Can't wait to see what it really looks like, when it will launch and who will carry it first (hopefully Sprint).

Too bad I just bought a new phone last month. Guess I will have to watch from the sidelines.

Brian
    Palm Personal > Palm Pro > Visor w/ VisorPhone > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Centro > HTC Hero (briefly) > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung GS3 > Nexus 5
    Well if that picture is true it had a Verizon mark on it.
    Sure looks like a HTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    Hope so! Come on Thursday! (Or Friday morning for me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Well if that picture is true it had a Verizon mark on it.
    Sure looks like a HTC.
    Wouldn't get my hopes up on Verizon. That was almost certainly just the brand on the original image used in Photoshop.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    is it jan 8 yet? is it jan 8 yet? is it jan 8 yet? feeling silly...
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Man, I hope Cingular is carrying it with a descent discount... I am going to be disappointed if the phone isn't available in the $150-$200 price range.
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Looks interesting. Never used a slider but maybe will to try.
    I believe the Flickr image is someone's mockup. It has WM buttons and Access icons.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I love the idea of a slider that slides down so I can still use it one-handed. I like the pic shown in the flicker image... The only downside is that none of the software I have for the POS would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    I believe the Flickr image is someone's mockup. It has WM buttons and Access icons.
    That is an old mockup that has been floating around T|C and PalmInfoCenter for a while.

My Favorite part of the article

The new operating system is described as ďamazingĒ and there will be a full software bazaar on launch. It will have media playback functions along with standard Palm calendar, email, and contact functionality.
    I hope the Zen of Palm is back! Sooooo looking forward to this week. Mac world and Palm at CES. And I'm leaving for a cruise in two weeks.

I love January!

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I love the idea of a slider that slides down so I can still use it one-handed. I like the pic shown in the flicker image... The only downside is that none of the software I have for the POS would work.
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Hope so! Come on Thursday! (Or Friday morning for me.)
    Does this mean that PERRY is back and the "Silly Season" is starting?
    At this point in Palm's History i'm reminded of this Wired Magazine cover.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/up...-june-1977.jpg

I really hope they can pull this off!
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    If it's going to be an iphone killer it better look more like Flickr's version than Crunch Gear's. It would be the best of all worlds size wise and having a slide down qwerty keyboard for the one handedness.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If it's going to be an iphone killer it better look more like Flickr's version than Crunch Gear's. It would be the best of all worlds size wise and having a slide down qwerty keyboard for the one handedness.
    The photoshop and Crunch Gear's discription reminds me of this bad boy. It never made it to the states (that I know of) but it was always my fav Windows Mobile form factor.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast