Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
    Yap, it is true. I've seen the phone in prototype stage. It'll be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    No offense, guys, but I am calling B.S. on this one.
    Why would you do that when you have this from Dieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I can CONFIRM everything in that crunchgear story and have two tiny details to add:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/2300-1.htm
    You calling him a liar?
    Hopefully we won't be the first line beta testers for the new OS.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I'm not calling anyone a liar. I simply will not believe it until it's been officially announced by Palm on Thursday. Palm's hardware has been underwhelming me prettty much every year ever since the original Pilot in '96 (I felt it should've had a backlit screen) so I have zero reason to be overly optimistic right now. Of course, I really hope I end up royally eating those words come Thursday :-)

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Palm$'$s$ $hasn$'$t$ $issued$ $any$ $NDAs$ $to$ $any$ $members$ $of$ $the$ $press$ $so$ $far$, $so$ $anyone$ $with$ $any$ &$quot$;$insider$&$quot$; $info$ $should$ $go$ $ahead$ $and$ $spill$ $the$ $beans$ $and$ $stop$ $tantalizing$ $us$ $with$ $ambiguous$ $little$ $tidbits$ $of$ $info$ $here$ $and$ $there$.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Do you guys think it is 640x640 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    Do you guys think it is 640x640 ?
    If there were a 640 in it then maybe 480x640, but more realistically 320x480 would be my bet.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    If the screen is not square, you will want to flip it sideways for internet use. Then the qwerty keyboard sticks out from the side of the screen. That is not "zen of palm", imho.
    If the screen is not square, you will want to flip it sideways for internet use. Then the qwerty keyboard sticks out from the side of the screen. That is not "zen of palm", imho.
    But then again, internet navigation is largely not a text based operation.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    it's gonna have a Virtual keyboard as well or you'll be able to rotate the screen vertically(my guess)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    I can never believe anything i read on CrunchGear. They have claimed Trusted source before and it was baloney. Just read this article
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...see-windows-7/

Here is what i think will happen with 3rd party apps on Nova
    http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...arty-apps.html
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's been said this is a Mockup:

And jen says it's a flush screen, but I truly like the concept.
    Now if that design is true and it included either a touch pad for the mouse or a trackball.... THAT would be a homerun. Im also wondering if it (screen) spins like the other mockups we saw last month leaked.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    I can never believe anything i read on CrunchGear. They have claimed Trusted source before and it was baloney. Just read this article
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...see-windows-7/
    Right buts its been confirmed by TC.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I really hate to get excited... but I cant help it!!!!!!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Well, coming just after MacWorld and iPhone updates, they either have an amazing product or are a bit stupid.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I like the idea of a vertical slider. Hate those 2 handed landscape keyboards a la G1.
    we shall see
    I have not been this excited about a new Palm since the intro of the Tungsten T|T with Garnet.

I really hope Palm hits one out of the park. Just for fun I bought 100 shares of Palm Friday. Today I am thinking I should have bought 1000.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Any guesses as to when the phone itself will be available for purchase?
    I would hope March.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Availability? I predict late May/early June on Sprint exclusively....GSM version to follow in September-ish timeframe.

On a relatedn ote, I also predict Verizon is gonna kick all Palm products (regardless of OS) to the curb once remaining stocks of the Centro and 700wx are extinguished so no chance of seeing this device on VZW. And with Alltel being officially assimilated by Verizon in a couple days, there go any chances of seeing any more future CDMA products domestically from Palm anywhere other than Sprint.

Personally, I really wish Palm would try to get aggressive with WiMax. Maybe borrow a page from Nokia's playbook and do a WiMax-enabled tablet device sold outside of the traditional carrier stores/channels/subsidy arrangements, more like how they were gonna do the Foleo and how the traditional PDAs were sold.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast