1.    #1  
    If palm does really have a revolutionary next generation OS in the works does anyone have an idea when they might logically give a sneak preview? I read somewhere that the said the core OS would be done by the end of the calender year; so does that mean we'll see something this month or early next year? I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    It's dead, Jim
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I don't think it dead (yet), it seems like a good question
    Last edited by evilduckster; 12/04/2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Nova is going to be vapor ware for 2008, and we better see some screen shots of the new OS in Q1 of 09. Else Palm is going to going to be sold for it's name and the company we all love is going to die.

So my guess is March 2nd
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    We need to see some screenshots or some "leaks" this month if there is any hope at all. No news is bad news. Maybe they are simply not able to do it after all....
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    We need to see some screenshots or some "leaks" this month if there is any hope at all. No news is bad news. Maybe they are simply not able to do it after all.
    The Investor Relations Q2FY09 results are due 12/18, so if Palm doesn't have at least minimal content to deliver to investors about upcoming products and platforms during that report, their stock price will go into a tailspin (as I write this, their stock is at $1.60). That means either a release date (not time frame, but date) for the SDK, or confirmation of the Treo Pro coming to Sprint. Even those data points would do little more that stabilize their price. IMO, anything short of announcing a Nova device for sale in January or February is effectively the end of the line.
    without any leaks, info, screenshots, specs or whatever; why would anyone in their right mind wait? Nothing to anticipate, salivate and create willingness to keep the money in the wallet a little longer. I played with the HTC Touch Pro and found a lot to like about it. The new Agora Android phone looks pretty sweet for ATT and Tmobile users. And I'm sure there's more around the corner as well.

I just don't understand the philosophy of keeping everything under wraps when the buying public has pretty much lost all faith in palm delivering a next gen device.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8.    #8  
    There are two really good reason to keep things a secret. 1.) You really don't have anything to leak. 2.) The second, if you actually do have something in the works, then you don't wanna risk the competition stealing your ideas before you get to market. I am guessing (i.e. really hoping), they have something in the works. However, I agree with others who have stated that nothing palm can do can will live up to expectations.

However, you never know; palm could come out with some "Minority Report" type device.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    1. I agree with completely, but that just makes me sad. This company was doing the pda thing long before BB, MS and so on. So it's just sad that this could be the way it ends. And it just shows how poorly run the company was all along.

2. I call BS on that one. It's not hard to at least just show some screen shots, teasers or what not to let customers know good things are around the corner.

Their track record on top of major delays in getting Nova out just gives zero reason to sit and wait. The Centro should've been out 2-3 yrs ago, and Nova should've been out early this year at the latest. They've been in the game for so long, yet lag behind just about everybody. Nova should've been in the works the minute it was realized that Garnet was the last stop for the Palm OS in its current form. You just see the decisions that are made and the products they put out and shake your head. It's like watching the Philadelphia Eagles throw the ball over and over and over when all their winning stats show they need more balance with the run game. Everyone on the outside sees it, but they're oblivious on the inside.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Wow, we have come along way in under a year.

Immagine if things continue like this.

Imagine if I bought stock at 1.60.
    Thanks for the blast from the past.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    with all the cries of doom thought I would remind people of how much things change and that palm can make jumps in unanticipated ways. This isn't the same old palm.
    Doesn't mean that is a good thing. Palm's only real goal could be to grow enough to be attractive for a buyout and be done. Salvage something, make a profit for the new investors and get the heck out of dodge. Which could be good or bad. If Android really takes off, do you really think two little handsets on Sprint will carry enough weight with developers that could be developing programs to work on six phones across three different carriers in the US and that many more worldwide, probably including Australia which is being ignored by Palm at the moment?

WebOS is pretty slick, but betamax and HDDVD were good technologies too. You've got T-Mobile ramping up to make a huge push and getting some killer phones (Nokia N900, Samsung Behold II). The Nokia N900 working on Symbian which is the world's #1 OS and T-Mobile will be the first one with a carrier subsidized Symbian phone. Could be the start of Symbian here in the US. Between the iphone, Android, BB and possibly Symbian, webOS will have a real uphill battle over the next year. I'm hanging out in the Android camp now and looking forward to the next crop of 2.0 Eclair phones running on a Snapdragon processor. Could possibly see some Android phones running at 1ghz this coming year. 2.0 at 1ghz would leave webOS in the dust.

Just my 2 cents which is probably more than its worth.
    i don't think it could be available on our Pre. Palm prefer us to buy new hardware