Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    Tell them to text you or find new friends!
    barryb20 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Read her first post again.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Read her first post again.
    That was for Barry
    barryb20 likes this.
    Ami,
    You said you got ICQ to work. Have you tried grabbing IM+ from the ftp? File is de.shapeservices.im_1.1.1_all.ipk. That might work.

Google Talk worked fine but I had to tell Google that it was me logging in since they warned me that 'someone had my password'. But I don't get chat history. That could be a problem for offline messages.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 09/27/2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    ami mizuno likes this.
  5.    #25  
    Ami,
    You said you got ICQ to work. Have you tried grabbing IM+ from the ftp? File is de.shapeservices.im_1.1.1_all.ipk. That might work.

Google Talk worked fine but I had to tell Google that it was me logging in since they warned me that 'someone had my password'. But I don't get chat history. That could be a problem for offline messages.
    I tried IM+ a while ago when i first started messing with it. It was that and Agile neither worked. However it was prior to getting ICQ to work. I'll try it again and see what happens.
  6.    #26  
    so no IM+ still doesnt work. It complains that my username o password is wrong. I know they arent because it works fine in the accounts app. I get emai contacts to work. not calendar yet tho
    Calendar can be finicky. Try a manual sync and then just leave it along for a while. Sorry about IM.
    Follow me on Twitter
  8.    #28  
    Update. I managed to get google talk working in IM+ but i have to "Allow" the connection. Google blocked it. Sadly the same problem with offline msg's occurs. It may be a lost cause but my super anal mind just has to figure out why. I cant let anything go lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ami mizuno View Post
    Update. I managed to get google talk working in IM+ but i have to "Allow" the connection. Google blocked it. Sadly the same problem with offline msg's occurs. It may be a lost cause but my super anal mind just has to figure out why. I cant let anything go lol
    Yep exactly what I had to do. I never used it but does synergv still work for google voice on webOS anyone?

Edit: it's broken

Edit 2: your partner is going to use a Pre also...sorry thought maybe not. Fb mesenger works in the browser of course but won't notify.
    Follow me on Twitter
    ami mizuno likes this.
  10.    #30  
    Yep exactly what I had to do. I never used it but does synergv still work for google voice on webOS anyone?

Edit: it's broken

Edit 2: your partner is going to use a Pre also...sorry thought maybe not. Fb mesenger works in the browser of course but won't notify.
    lol yeah last night i tried synergv too. yeah i knew about the fb chat running it in the browser.. looks like that may be the option. The other stuff works still just no offline msg's. Its not like our phones will be offline eventually they will have cell data as well so it may be that it only happens rarely that a msg is missed. Still worth it to me to get back on WebOS.
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Whatsapp!

The exact problem that I have.

Since the Whatsapp stop to work with webOS, I had to abandon my Pre 3. This is very important here, in Brazil. If some cellphone have no Whatsapp, no one buy, nobody wants, nobody use.

If begun to work in my Pre, I gonna return to webOS in same time! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Hey Ami,

Not sure exactly the protocol that WhatsApp uses is, there has been some attempts at a webOS version, I did have that running a while back but it wasn't hugely reliable for me, I think to complicate matters it got removed due to FB buying WhatsApp, worst thing for the application IMO.

The problem is the number of friends I have that use WhatsApp on Android and iPhone don't really want to go back to text messages

Best regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    ami mizuno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just have to text only people who have webOS
    ami mizuno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ami mizuno View Post
    Nice I will look into that. I dont have a google chat accnt unless i can just use the one gmail i had for android

I've been looking at LuneOS a lot lately. Im not a fan of newer HW so much my idea is to port LuneOS concepts to the legacy devices lol. Clearly not the OS but some portions of it.
    Well, there is the new browser that runs on TouchPad, that someone made using modern Qt. Conceivably, since modern Qt will build for TouchPad, it could potentially build for old devices, and then you could build the other components of LuneOS on top of it. Would be interesting, and I'd certainly love to see the results. I have no idea how you'd get enough space for it all, though, with the limited space available on phones. Perhaps rebuilding the partitions so that all of the space is available in / might do it.. or perhaps getting enough components together that you can replace the ondevice ones . . . i don't know. just thoughts that i had. Somewhere or other out there, there are my notes on getting 3.0.5 to run on a Pre3, which ultimately failed, but perhaps someone with more motivation could get it, and/or do the same with making LuneOS components build into the old system, and work.

In any case.. these devices won't last forever. We will outlive them, for sure. lol
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well, there is the new browser that runs on TouchPad, that someone made using modern Qt. Conceivably, since modern Qt will build for TouchPad, it could potentially build for old devices
    The blocker for Qupzilla on all phones is that the UI needs a rewrite that fits phone resolution. So if that can be done, Nizovn gave the impression it might be possible to compile it without Neon dependencies which are keeping it from running on Pre2...
    All over my head, but that's my understanding of the work needed to try it on Pre2:
    - Make a phone UI
    - Re-compile without Neon
    -- Easy ;-)...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't even know what Neon is. :-S I'm so freaking far behind, because my life has just been bananas ever since I got the job working on webOS :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I don't even know what Neon is. :-S
    I could be totally wrong here, but I think it is a special instruction set available on TP, Pre3 and Veer CPUs that is lacking on any of the earlier phones: https://developer.arm.com/technologies/neon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12