Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Is someone willing to help with an issue I am having with setting up gmail on my Pre 2?

Issue:
    IMAP and POP give same error - ...."encryption not accepted....". I've tried every single SLL, TSL, PORT, blah blah blah. I get same issue
    Cannot add my gmail account. Error - "Bad Request"

HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonViking View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is someone willing to help with an issue I am having with setting up gmail on my Pre 2?

Issue:
    IMAP and POP give same error - ...."encryption not accepted....". I've tried every single SLL, TSL, PORT, blah blah blah. I get same issue
    Cannot add my gmail account. Error - "Bad Request"

HELP!!!
    I guess you mean settings in the email app. The settings you need are: imap.gmail.com, SSL, 993 / smtp.gmail.com, SSL, 465. I think your problem is likely to be that the original security certificates are out of date and of course, there are no updates from HP. Without the latest root certificates, other certificates in the chain cannot be validated and webOS' original SSL implentation has a problem with newer SHA256 certificates.

Look at this: webOS service pack?

Your best method is to install the SSL update and root certificate bundle: OpenSSL-Updater - Fixing Certificate Issues
    root cert updater app That should fix everything until a new set of root certificates are needed.

The next best is the 'Cert Grabber' app which has to be manually run when a cert expires. Certificate Grabber - webOS & LuneOS apps on Preware Catalog | pivotCE

Or you can do it manually: Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE (the instructions also work for Google and other services)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/19/2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Preemptive likes this.