Hi webOS diehards!
I keep 2 FrankenPre2s with Verizon chassis and Sprint modems running 2.2.4 - daily drivers for my wife and myself (plus a bunch of Touchpads). My daily driver is having Sprint connection issues for the last couple of weeks and I want to try updating the PRL (PRL: 60675) since it is different from the one on my wife's phone which doesn't seem to have the same issues (PRL: 60690).
So far I haven't ever put one of our modems back into a Pre- to update the modem since I built my 1st FrankenPre in 2012(?).
I assume the following and would love confirmation from someone who has done this - or knows enough about this stuff to make an educated comment:
- Shut down FrankenPre2 and remove modem
- Install modem into Pre- (does it need to be original donor?)
- Boot up Pre- and update PRL (anything else to do with modem in Pre-?)
- Shut down Pre- and remove modem
- Install modem into FrankenPre2 and enjoy!
So I'm hoping it is this 'easy', and that I do not need to doctor either the Pre- or the FrankenPre2 to make this work correctly. Confirmation or correction would be greatly appreciated!