1.    #1  
    Greetings to the group,

Last week my Palm Pre 2 displayed the message "Application Database full" and prompted me to restart.
    After restarting I saw that all my contacts, memos etc. have been lost. The phone entered the first use initialization procedure, but no matter what I tried I couldn't connect to my Palm profile to complete the activation.

Are Palm profiles still available or has the service been shut down? Is there any way to retrieve the information I had stored there?

Any help will be appreciated!

thanks,

--A
    Palm profiles were shut down early last year. You will need to bypass activation by turning on DevMode which for a CDMA Pre2 is ##DEVMODE# or for GSM, #*DEVMODE#
    There is a wealth of post-shutdown info on these forums and also many nice summaries on pivotCE such as: https://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide...n-2014-part-1/
    Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

I'm afraid the servers were shut down over a year and a half ago - you may have noticed the lack of a back up service & the app catalog.

For future reference, you might find the manual backup thread linked below useful.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your relpies!

I went through the article and bypassed the activation. Unfortunately, when I try to add a Google account I get the message "Bad request".

I found an recent copy of my Pre 2 objects.db. I tried copying it back to its original location (\var\db\main... I think...) overwriting the existing file, but after I rebooted the phone all settings were gone again...
    Is there another way to copy it back on my pre to have my settings, contacts etc restored?

thanks,
    --A
    Just copying it

Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Palm profiles were shut down early last year. You will need to bypass activation by turning on DevMode which for a CDMA Pre2 is ##DEVMODE# or for GSM, #*DEVMODE#
    There is a wealth of post-shutdown info on these forums and also many nice summaries on pivotCE such as: https://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide...n-2014-part-1/