Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    i just had the phone activated hoping that would help make an account but it still wont let me and palm supporT is no longer in service so i guess im asking if there is a work around on creating palm account.
    Hi,

the HP services are all gone, so there is a little bit working ahead before you can start with a webOS device - but it's worth it

Here is a manual how you can setup your phone:
    https://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide...n-2014-part-1/
    There is. You have a lot of catching up to do. The short answer, is you "bypass activation by putting it in devmode".
    (And that's your Google search phrase.)

There's threads here describing it all. My advice to you is get familiar with this forum, read the latest posts, and most important, start with reading the PivotCE articles, which explain most of what you need to know.

Forum PRPRPR $guru$ &$quot$;$Preemptive$&$quot$; $will$ $most$ $likely$ $reply$ $to$ $this$ $thread$ $to$ $offer$ $advice$ $as$ $well$, $and$ $his$ $signature$ $includes$ $many$ $helpful$ $links$. $Look$ $for$ $his$ $posts$ $too$.

The phones are usable, with some limitations. You may decide it's not for you. But if you like a challenge, like being different, and don't mind occasional technical tweaking, then welcome to the forum.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    PRPRPR $guru$ &$quot$;$Preemptive$&$quot$;
    Er... PRPRPR? $Is$ $that$ $public$ $relations$ $or$ '$pull$ $request$'? $I$'$m$ $not$ $an$ $expert$ $at$ $either$! $Please$ $don$'$t$ $call$ $me$ $a$ $guru$ - $I$'$m$ $fairly$ $clueless$. $I$ $made$ $lists$ $of$ $links$ $to$ $try$ &$amp$; $understand$ $things$. $Now$ $I$ $have$ $lists$ $of$ $links$ $to$ $post$!

I think following the first link posted down the internet rabbit-hole should do and you can try the ones below. It is a problem that some years down the line, lots of fixes are needed to keep up with some services, but maybe you'll enjoy getting your new phone in shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Er... PRPRPR? $Is$ $that$ $public$ $relations$ $or$ '$pull$ $request$'? $I$'$m$ $not$ $an$ $expert$ $at$ $either$! $Please$ $don$'$t$ $call$ $me$ $a$ $guru$ - $I$'$m$ $fairly$ $clueless$. $I$ $made$ $lists$ $of$ $links$ $to$ $try$ &$amp$; $understand$ $things$. $Now$ $I$ $have$ $lists$ $of$ $links$ $to$ $post$!

I think following the first link posted down the internet rabbit-hole should do and you can try the ones below. It is a problem that some years down the line, lots of fixes are needed to keep up with some services, but maybe you'll enjoy getting your new phone in shape.
    I only give credit where it's DUE.

What you have done is more than most.

PRPRPR = $Practical$ $and$ $Resourceful$

You don't realize that simply posting in a clueless noob's thread is instant help because of your sig links?

You don't have to take a bow, just smile and wave!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Preemptive likes this.