Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi! I recently bought a Palm Pre 2 (used, only 15€, YES, 15€!!) and it works perfectly.

I've done the bypass process, I have 3G support with my phone company, and patched some things described in piVOTCE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update: To clean the first post I go edit some things, to be more clear en understandable

At this moment I can use my GMail and Outlook mail accounts on my Pre 2. But iCloud still causing me headache.
    I can SEND mails from my iCloud account, BUT I CAN'T RECEIVE ANY mail on it.

What I've done and what I have installed

Tests with IMAP and SMTP configs (SSL & TLS)

Info from Apple to add accounts manually on ¨other systems¨

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/30/2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Clean the first page
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I wouldn't count on any updates to apps. Unless you want to undertake the task yourself.

As for getting your gmail account logged in: You're going to have to use the C+dav CardDav and CalDav plugins to get google contacts and calendars. I was able to get Gmail on my Pre2 and Pre3 by setting up a generic IMAP email account.

Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    I wouldn't count on any updates to apps. Unless you want to undertake the task yourself.

As for getting your gmail account logged in: You're going to have to use the C+dav CardDav and CalDav plugins to get google contacts and calendars. I was able to get Gmail on my Pre2 and Pre3 by setting up a generic IMAP email account.

Good luck!
    I can't log in. I only need Mail, the contacts and calendars isn't important for me. But the problem is that I can't log in.
  4.    #4  

Good luck!
    Also, can you give me some info of how I can try the caldav things?
    While this may not be applicable any longer, there was a time when you had to set your gmail preferences to accept less secure methods (@ Google not on device).

But I cannot recall if that is needed any longer. Hmmmz

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    My university uses Google apps for their email, and I had to select that check-box in order to get that email account synced to my Pre3. If you're using 2-factor authentication, you'll have to use ann app-specific password instead.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I installed the C+dav and I have my contacts from Google (configuring accoun Google Dav on Accounts). But I can't setup my Mail in my Pre 2.

I disabled the 2 factor authentication.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    Well, I installed the C+dav and I have my contacts from Google (configuring accoun Google Dav on Accounts). But I can't setup my Mail in my Pre 2.

I disabled the 2 factor authentication.
    In order for me to log into my google mail (even setting it up manually as an IMAP) I have to use the ssl updater available in the alpha feed in preware. Once I did that, Google would let me log in and I have no trouble with IMAP gmail access.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    In order for me to log into my google mail (even setting it up manually as an IMAP) I have to use the ssl updater available in the alpha feed in preware. Once I did that, Google would let me log in and I have no trouble with IMAP gmail access.
    How can one access the alpha feeds ? can't I simply add to the manage feed? if yes, what's the path (URL)?
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    How can one access the alpha feeds ? can't I simply add to the manage feed? if yes, what's the path (URL)?
    If I recall correctly, these were the instructions I followed to enable the alpha feeds on my Pre3: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I have both GMail and a google apps email address working as generic IMAP accounts. I didn't need to install anything from the alpha or beta preware feeds. I just needed to update the gmail IMAP SSL certificates using the Certificate Grabber app.

Try these manual settings:
    Incoming mail:
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Security: SSL

Outgoing Mail:
    Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 587
    Authentication: Yes
    Encryption: TLS

These are the settings that work for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Shuswap likes this.
    I have both GMail and a google apps email address working as generic IMAP accounts. I didn't need to install anything from the alpha or beta preware feeds. I just needed to update the gmail IMAP SSL certificates using the Certificate Grabber app.

Try these manual settings:
    Incoming mail:
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Security: SSL

Outgoing Mail:
    Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 587
    Authentication: Yes
    Encryption: TLS

These are the settings that work for me.

my Only problem with the certificate grabber is that I would have to constantly re-grab the certs every couple of days. After I updated to ssl 256, I haven't had to grab any certs at all.
  13.    #13  
    I have my Gmail account working ATM. But I can't add Outlook or iCloud.

Can someone tell me what I can do to get them working? I really need my iCloud account working on my Palm
    I have my Gmail account working ATM. But I can't add Outlook or iCloud.

Can someone tell me what I can do to get them working? I really need my iCloud account working on my Palm
    If you're referring to an Outlook.com account, use the Exchange ActiveSync settings. EAS has always worked perfectly on my device: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

Now that I think of it, I might have used m.hotmail.com as the EAS server on my Pre3. I'll go check and edit this post in a few minutes. Edit: I did. So if s.outlook.com doesn't work, try the alternative.

I know nothing about iCloud.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 05/27/2016 at 01:08 PM.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    I have (or possibly had) my iCloud account on one of my phones.. I'll see if I can find it. No luck so far.. I may have wiped the phone it was on, or just haven't found that phone yet. I have a few...
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/27/2016 at 11:36 PM.
    Shuswap likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have (or possibly had) my iCloud account on one of my phones.. I'll see if I can find it
    If you can give me some hints to get it working would be awesome.

At the moment I have my GMail and Outlook WORKING.

BUT my iCloud mail only can send mails, I can't receive them
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    If you're referring to an Outlook.com account, use the Exchange ActiveSync settings. EAS has always worked perfectly on my device: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

Now that I think of it, I might have used m.hotmail.com as the EAS server on my Pre3. I'll go check and edit this post in a few minutes. Edit: I did. So if s.outlook.com doesn't work, try the alternative.

I know nothing about iCloud.
    I use s.outlook.com as my EAS server for my microsoft email account, and it works for me.

Shuswap likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Well, I still can't get iCloud working perfectly.

I can send mails, but can't receive' em
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Well, I still can't get iCloud working perfectly.

I can send mails, but can't receive' em
    Play with the smtp server settings. With Gmail, for example, only the TLS encryption setting allows me to send mail. Otherwise, I can receive mail just fine, but I get an error that tells me to check my login credentials if I try to send anything, and the messages get stuck in my outbox.

20.    #20  
    Play with the smtp server settings. With Gmail, for example, only the TLS encryption setting allows me to send mail. Otherwise, I can receive mail just fine, but I get an error that tells me to check my login credentials if I try to send anything, and the messages get stuck in my outbox.

I tried to use SSL and TSL but I have the same situation. (If I use SSL on SMTP settings, I have a message telling me to check the login credentials, but with TSL nope)

In both cases I cant receive mails in my iCloud account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast