Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
    From your screen shots:
    SMTP (The bit that sends mail & is working) is using TLS.

IMAP (The bit that receives & is NOT working) is using SSL. In the Apple instructions linked above, it is suggested to switch from SSL to TLS in the event of error. Logic suggests that what works for one, should work for both. I'm sure you tried this, but I haven't noticed where you state that you've tried altering this setting.

What happens when you try to validate the current setting? Any error message? What if you try TLS for both sections?

...and if validation is OK each time, what error message is there when you try to receive mail? There is usually a yellow triangle at the top of the card and you can tap it to see an error message.

If there are no error messages, check the sync settings for the account. If it is not a busy account, it may be that it is working , but there is no mail recent enough to appear. The two settings are for how much mail is held (1,3,7 days, 2weeks, 1month, All) and how frequently the inboxes are checked (less frequent saves battery).

If one part of this account is working it's likely the other part can be fixed - and of course, Grabber5.0's account works!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/29/2016 at 08:52 PM.
    webOSiPetahh likes this.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    From your screen shots:
    SMTP (The bit that sends mail & is working) is using TLS.

IMAP (The bit that receives & is NOT working) is using SSL. In the Apple instructions linked above, it is suggested to switch from SSL to TLS in the event of error. Logic suggests that what works for one, should work for both. I'm sure you tried this, but I haven't noticed where you state that you've tried altering this setting.

What happens when you try to validate the current setting? Any error message? What if you try TLS for both sections?

...and if validation is OK each time, what error message is there when you try to receive mail? There is usually a yellow triangle at the top of the card and you can tap it to see an error message.

If there are no error messages, check the sync settings for the account. If it is not a busy account, it may be that it is working , but there is no mail recent enough to appear. The two settings are for how much mail is held (1,3,7 days, 2weeks, 1month, All) and how frequently the inboxes are checked (less frequent saves battery).

If one part of this account is working it's likely the other part can be fixed - and of course, Grabber5.0's account works!

Thanks for your reply, I recently done this:

*in all cases SMTP was filled with FULL NAME.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1)

SSL [IMAP] (part mail name) + SSL [SMTP] ---> error validating outgoing server, added, NOT RECEIVE

SSL [IMAP] (full mail name) + SSL [SMTP] ---> error validating outgoing server, added, NOT RECEIVE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2)

SSL [IMAP] (part mail name) + TLS [SMTP] ---> added without any error, but NOT RECEIVE

SSL [IMAP] (full mail name) + TLS [SMTP] ---> added without any error, but NOT RECEIVE

3)

TLS [IMAP] (part mail name) + SSL [SMTP] ---> takes a lot of time ¨signing in¨, error requested encryption not supported by server, not added

TLS [IMAP] (full mail name) + SSL [SMTP] ---> takes a lot of time ¨signing in¨, error requested encryption not supported by server, not added

4)

TLS [IMAP] (part mail name) + TLS [SMTP] ---> takes a lot of time ¨Validating settings¨ and finally got an error ¨Unable to validate incoming mail server settings¨

TLS [IMAP] (full mail name) + TLS [SMTP] ---> takes a lot of time ¨Signing In¨ and finally got an error ¨Unable to validate incoming mail server settings¨

I tried to send a mail from my Outlook account to my iCloud account in all tests, I didn't received any on my Pre2.

As you can see, my GMail account have mails

But my iCloud account don't have any.

In my tests days before, I tried to wait 1 day to check if it syncs ¨slow¨ on my Pre2, but didn't received any mail...

I don't know if this is important, but all times ¨I can add¨ the account the sync icon appears and disappears in 1 sec.

GIF at Gyazo

ALSO, can I do something like a .log or other thing to upload to try help you to understand my problem?

DONE, I created a LumberJack Log, hope help you to check what's happening

LOG at DROPBOX

Thanks for your time and support
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/30/2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I recently done this:

(...)
    SSL (part mail name) + SSL ---> error validating outgoing server, added, NOT RECEIVE
    I'm not sure I'm following this. Do you mean,
    INCOMING / IMAP = SSL
    +
    OUTGOING / SMTP = SSL

?? (With user name variations)

There is an error message in your screen shot about being able to receive, but not send email. This is the opposite to the situation you stated before (*see below).
    1. Have you ever been able to SEND mail with any settings combination?
    2. Have you ever been able to RECEIVE mail with any settings combination?
    3. Have you tried setting TLS in both IMAP & SMTP? (I don't see that in your list) Oops! yes I do!

Again, I suggest that an encryption setting that works for one part will probably work for the other. I'm not an expert, but it seems logical. If you are able to receive, but not send and you have tested that you CAN receive mail, then the selection for IMAP (SSL or TLS) should probably be the same for SMTP.

* I have seen this error before when I have had problems with Yahoo. I suggest (carefully) re-entering your password in the SMTP section. I have had to do this multiple times before it started working. I have no idea why it suddenly started working.

Maybe it's something to do with 2-factor authentication. Sometimes you have to tell the service to allow less secure devices (I do not have an Apple account). That said, I had no problems with the TouchPad, only the phone. Perhaps there is some fault in the software and it needs a few attempts for the setting to 'take'.

Requested encryption not supported by server
    means a certificate problem in my experience. Ensure you don't have conflicting certificates - stick with the OSSL and certificate bundle - don't mix it with manual solutions or cert grabber. You can find the certificate manager in the app menu of the device info app (in the settings launcher) This might also be that the selected encryption type doesn't match the certificate - you could switch SSL/TLS to see if that error goes away.

I looked at the log, but I couldn't get much from it - I'm not a programmer.

Summary:
    1. Check your certs or flip encryption type settings to avoid "Requested encryption not supported by server".
    2. If you can receive at least, use the same encryption type for IMAP & SMTP
    3. Try re-entering the password for SMTP - may take few tries.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/31/2016 at 12:38 PM.
    webOSiPetahh likes this.
  4.    #44  
    I'm not sure I'm following this. Do you mean,
    INCOMING / IMAP = SSL
    +
    OUTGOING / SMTP = SSL

?? (With user name variations)

There is an error message in your screen shot about being able to receive, but not send email. This is the opposite to the situation you stated before (*see below).
    1. Have you ever been able to SEND mail with any settings combination?
    2. Have you ever been able to RECEIVE mail with any settings combination?
    3. Have you tried setting TLS in both IMAP & SMTP? (I don't see that in your list)

Again, I suggest that an encryption setting that works for one part will probably work for the other. I'm not an expert, but it seems logical. If you are able to receive, but not send and you have tested that you CAN receive mail, then the selection for IMAP (SSL or TLS) should probably be the same for SMTP.

* I have seen this error before when I have had problems with Yahoo. I suggest (carefully) re-entering your password in the SMTP section. I have had to do this multiple times before it started working. I have no idea why it suddenly started working.

Maybe it's something to do with 2-factor authentication. Sometimes you have to tell the service to allow less secure devices (I do not have an Apple account). That said, I had no problems with the TouchPad, only the phone. Perhaps there is some fault in the software and it needs a few attempts for the setting to 'take'.

means a certificate problem in my experience. Ensure you don't have conflicting certificates - stick with the OSSL and certificate bundle - don't mix it with manual solutions or cert grabber. You can find the certificate manager in the app menu of the device info app (in the settings launcher) This might also be that the selected encryption type doesn't match the certificate - you could switch SSL/TLS to see if that error goes away.

I looked at the log, but I couldn't get much from it - I'm not a programmer.

Summary:
    1. Check your certs or flip encryption type settings to avoid "Requested encryption not supported by server".
    2. If you can receive at least, use the same encryption type for IMAP & SMTP
    3. Try re-entering the password for SMTP - may take few tries.
    When I say (for example):

SSL (part mail name) + SSL

means: SSL [IMAP] (part mail name) + SSL [SMTP]

###############################################################

IN ANY combination I'll be able to RECEIVE MAILS on my iCloud account

When I said ¨NOT RECEIVE¨ means exactly that: NOT receiving mail

I tried with same configuration as I said before.

I don't added ANY cert manually, I only done what I posted HERE (only the OpenSSL Update and Root Certs Update.

###############################################################

If I use TLS for both IMAP (with full mail adress) and SMTP takes a lot of time ¨Validating settings¨ and finally got an error ¨Unable to validate incoming mail server settings¨

If I use TLS for both IMAP (with partial mail adress) and SMTP takes a lot of time ¨Signing In¨ and finally got an error ¨Unable to validate incoming mail server settings¨

SO.... I don't know what to do at this point.
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/30/2016 at 07:02 PM.
    When I say (for example):

SSL (part mail name) + SSL

means: SSL [IMAP] (part mail name) + SSL [SMTP]
    OK
    IN ANY combination I'll be able to RECEIVE MAILS on my iCloud account

When I said ¨NOT RECEIVE¨ means exactly that: NOT receiving mail
    It says "NOT RECEIVE" on configurations 1 & 2. Yet you say you can receive mail with ANY combination. These statements appear to contradict each other - unless you are talking about the normal function of the mail account itself regardless of the use of the webOS phone.

All we are concerned with here is the ability of the phone to connect to the account. Clearly it doesn't work completely, I remain unclear if any of it works.

I see that I missed configuration 4 where you DID use TLS on both. This seems like it is the best bet, but I repeat my advice that if you can set it up and it works partially with one configuration, then set the other to match the encryption type. If receiving is OK, but sending is a problem, try re-entering the password.

That is all I've got. I have no more suggestions.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/30/2016 at 08:20 PM.
  6.    #46  
    OK

It says "NOT RECEIVE" on configurations 1 & 2. Yet you say you can receive mail with ANY combination. These statements appear to contradict each other - unless you are talking about the normal function of the mail account itself regardless of the use of the webOS phone.

All we are concerned with here is the ability of the phone to connect to the account. Clearly it doesn't work completely, I remain unclear if any of it works.

I see that I missed configuration 4 where you DID use TLS on both. This seems like it is the best bet, but I repeat my advice that if you can set it up and it works partially with one configuration, then set the other to match the encryption type. If receiving is OK, but sending is a problem, try re-entering the password.

That is all I've got. I have no more suggestions.

I'm sorry my english sometimes it's like a kick on the balls.

I didn't want to say that works with any config, I wanted to say NONE of the configs allows me to receive .

Sorry for that, I'm from Spain and my english isn't very good.

I can send mails, but not receive.

And i repeat to be clear after my mistake:

I CAN SEND, BUT I CAN'T receive mails
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/31/2016 at 08:41 AM.
    iCloud Email TouchPad Sync
    ICloud - the security certificate is not valid for domain
    MobileMe/iCloud Mail Question
    How to manually set up iCloud mail using IMAP and SMTP | iMore
    I found that if 2 factor authentication is turned on then you have to log into your icloud.com account and generate an app specific password. Then using that instead of my usual email password worked.
    (webOS does not support 2-factor... I think - there may have been a fix for Google).
    https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-...ngs-imap-smtp/

Para español, you can use Google translate. Like this: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Not much new there. The advice seems to be, "Use TLS", switch off 2-factor for this device or try reducing the sync period in case there is a mail with bad headers.

See also:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123