Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    I tried to use SSL and TSL but I have the same situation. (If I use SSL on SMTP settings, I have a message telling me to check the login credentials, but with TSL nope)

In both cases I cant receive mails in my iCloud account
    Oh man, sorry, I misread your previous post. Maybe it's the IMAP server you're trying to use? Can you check what the IMAP settings on your mac are?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Oh man, sorry, I misread your previous post. Maybe it's the IMAP server you're trying to use? Can you check what the IMAP settings on your mac are?

On my MacBook I have two iCloud accounts

ACCOUNT 1 uses p34-imap.mail.me.com and p34-smtp.mail.me.com

ACCOUNT 2 uses p30-imap.mail.me.com and p30-smtp.mail.me.com

I tried both configs with my Palm and still not receiving any mail. The most frustraating part is, that I CAN send mails, but I CAN'T RECEIVE ANY....
    On my MacBook I have two iCloud accounts

ACCOUNT 1 uses p34-imap.mail.me.com and p34-smtp.mail.me.com

ACCOUNT 2 uses p30-imap.mail.me.com and p30-smtp.mail.me.com

I tried both configs with my Palm and still not receiving any mail. The most frustraating part is, that I CAN send mails, but I CAN'T RECEIVE ANY....
    LogicMail on the BlackBerry has this problem, and it's related to SSL and TLS or STARTTLS. It looks like you are able to connect to your outgoing smtp server with either TLS or STARTTLS but are not able to connect to the IMAP because it requires SSL. Have you tried upgrading the SSL through the alpha feeds? If not, that may solve the problem.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    LogicMail on the BlackBerry has this problem, and it's related to SSL and TLS or STARTTLS. It looks like you are able to connect to your outgoing smtp server with either TLS or STARTTLS but are not able to connect to the IMAP because it requires SSL. Have you tried upgrading the SSL through the alpha feeds? If not, that may solve the problem.
    Yes, I installed the OpenSSL Updater throught alpha feeds (it solved the Outlook problem) but not the iCloud problem
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/28/2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Yes, I installed the OpenSSL Updater throught alpha feeds (it solved the Outlook problem) but not the iCloud problem
    I think the OSSL needs the root certificates (see service pack).
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I think the OSSL needs the root certificates (see service pack).
    You mean I need THIS ?

Edit: I already have installed RootCertsUpdate, GlobalSign Root Certificate Update, Certificate Grabber and OpenSSL Updater from Preware.
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/28/2016 at 01:14 PM.
    That's it. The problem is two-fold:
    1. The original OpenSSL on webOS wasn't working with new SHA256 certificates, so needed updating.
    2. With webOS abandoned, the root certificates were not up to date either.

With this bundle, your phone will have up to date root certificates and the OpenSSL update means it can use them to validate the certificates presented by websites.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    That's it. The problem is two-fold:
    1. The original OpenSSL on webOS wasn't working with new SHA256 certificates, so needed updating.
    2. With webOS abandoned, the root certificates were not up to date either.

With this bundle, your phone will have up to date root certificates and the OpenSSL update means it can use them to validate the certificates presented by websites.
    So basically I can't use my iCloud Mail in my Pre 2, right?

I have all the stuff installed and updated and still cant receive any mail, I only can send mails from my iCloud account.
    I tried to use SSL and TSL but I have the same situation. (If I use SSL on SMTP settings, I have a message telling me to check the login credentials, but with TSL nope)

In both cases I cant receive mails in my iCloud account
    This may be an SSL cert SHA-256 situation like Gmail and Yahoo. I will re-add my iCloud account to a couple of phones to try to confirm. Edit: oops, didn't notice there were more posts. Sounds like you have the bases covered but no luck. I'm still curious enough to check it out.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This may be an SSL cert SHA-256 situation like Gmail and Yahoo. I will re-add my iCloud account to a couple of phones to try to confirm. Edit: oops, didn't notice there were more posts. Sounds like you have the bases covered but no luck. I'm still curious enough to check it out.
    Yes please. Try it. I'll be very happy if you find a solution. And I want say you THANKS for your time and for your curious
    Yes please. Try it. I'll be very happy if you find a solution. And I want say you THANKS for your time and for your curious
    I was able to add my icloud account to this Pre3 that has the openssl update and root cert update packages installed. Note if you have those two packages you don't need (or want) the globalsign updater or cert grabber installed, because the manually trusted certs will cause problems) It took quite a while because I had Lumberjack capturing the logs to catch any errors. I tried before that on a phone that doesn't have the openssl update and it gave me an error. I think it was a Veer with the 2.2.4 metadoctor installed, but it was long enough ago I can't quite remember, and I had four phones here at the time. I'll try a couple others and let you know the results.

12.    #32  
    I was able to add my icloud account to this Pre3 that has the openssl update and root cert update packages installed. Note if you have those two packages you don't need (or want) the globalsign updater or cert grabber installed, because the manually trusted certs will cause problems) It took quite a while because I had Lumberjack capturing the logs to catch any errors. I tried before that on a phone that doesn't have the openssl update and it gave me an error. I think it was a Veer with the 2.2.4 metadoctor installed, but it was long enough ago I can't quite remember, and I had four phones here at the time. I'll try a couple others and let you know the results.

Thank you for the info. Maybe I must restore my Pre 2, and only try with only OpenSSL and RootCertsUpdate?
    Thank you for the info. Maybe I must restore my Pre 2, and only try with only OpenSSL and RootCertsUpdate?
    That shouldn't be necessary. Just remove any certs added manually or with cert grabber and uninstall the global sign updater. Also, I meant to include this link. I followed it exactly. Only used part of email address before @ in the IMAP section, and entire email address in SMTP section, with TLS encryption and port 587. My Pre2 also has 2.2.4 on it with the openssl update.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
  14.    #34  
    That shouldn't be necessary. Just remove any certs added manually or with cert grabber and uninstall the global sign updater. Also, I meant to include this link. I followed it exactly. Only used part of email address before @ in the IMAP section, and entire email address in SMTP section, with TLS encryption and port 587. My Pre2 also has 2.2.4 on it with the openssl update.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
    Ok I re-established my Palm Pre 2, and done this process:

-Bypass Activation

-Connected to Wifi

-Installed AUSMT Scripts, GNU Patch, and Lsdiff (as described in pivotCE ¨Coming Back 2014)

-Intalled Preware

-Installed wTerm

-Delete Preware

-Enable the testing feeds

-Install again Preware to get the ¨Testing Feeds¨

-Installed Root Certs Update and OpenSSL Update (alpha feed)

-REBOOT

-Tried to add my iCloud Mail account as you told me.......aaaaaaaaannnndddddd NOTHING

I still CAN SEND but CAN'T receive.

And now I can't add my Gmail account, it says ¨bad request¨ (Solved via Reboot)
    Last edited by webOSiPetahh; 05/29/2016 at 10:35 AM.
    That is so weird! Just to bring sure I didn't forget something, I'll post a screenshot of my account settings when I get home.
    webOSiPetahh likes this.
  16.    #36  
    That is so weird! Just to bring sure I didn't forget something, I'll post a screenshot of my account settings when I get home.

Here are mine

I apologize, I forgot to post mine, and now I'm not home again. I wish my phone was smart enough to remind me to do stuff when I got home.
  18.    #38  
    I apologize, I forgot to post mine, and now I'm not home again. I wish my phone was smart enough to remind me to do stuff when I got home.
    No prob bro! Do it when you can I recently saw your post and that's why I uploaded mine

By the way, what phone are you talking about to reminders? xD
    Your email address is @me.com? Mine is @icloud.com. The other stuff looks the same from what I recall.
  20.    #40  
    Your email address is @me.com? Mine is @icloud.com. The other stuff looks the same from what I recall.

Yes I tried both (works as iCloud and as me)

I have the @me account since some years. But still can't receive any mail in my Pre 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast