• 3 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By barryb20
  • 1 Post By jamiejoe123
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

as mentioned in the Lune OS forum, fired up my Pre 2 then took the plunge for a Nexus 4 to run LuneOS, kept the Pre running so it was getting my Outlook.com email.

Now is it just me, but when I see that small pebble shape device with its glowing notificaiton light, it just shouts out pick me up! Hold me! I am something special!

Makes me want to put my SIM in it and use it, the lack of Spotify and WhatsApp kinds of kills it for me as I use both daily otherwise it would be used in a heartbeat.

Barry
    Yeah, I was using Spotify A LOT when their API change broke the webOS app. I had upgraded to Premium just so I could play it on my Go at my desk while I work. There are enough third party Spotify apps that I think it might be possible to get it working again, but I don't have time to look at it.
    barryb20 and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Hi All,

as mentioned in the Lune OS forum, fired up my Pre 2 then took the plunge for a Nexus 4 to run LuneOS, kept the Pre running so it was getting my Outlook.com email.

Now is it just me, but when I see that small pebble shape device with its glowing notificaiton light, it just shouts out pick me up! Hold me! I am something special!

Makes me want to put my SIM in it and use it, the lack of Spotify and WhatsApp kinds of kills it for me as I use both daily otherwise it would be used in a heartbeat.

Barry
    Yeah man. Pre2 is pretty smooth. Never seen a pre3 but I have seen a veer at the store, but it is my favorite phone of all time. I would be in heaven someone could modernize the browser.and give it some word wrap capabilities. I especially enjoy whipping it out in public among that sea of people with 5 in phones
    Mutoidi, barryb20 and xandros9 like this.
    This kind of reminds me of the Veer: The Egg - Handheld Personal Cloud Storage Device

I kind of want to re-purpose a Veer for this, or just get one of those. It is Tizen powered, so "similar" to webOS. haha
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    barryb20 likes this.
    Still using it, although i'm in the transition to BlackBerry PRIV - which is hard cause of usability (OS) and device size.

And having thousands of apps doesn't mean to find the right one which was there on webOS:
    Anyone a good Shopping Manager-app like pendant on android (with addition of cross-device syning)?
    It's killing me to test 50 apps and none of them get nearly to my favorite
    barryb20 likes this.
    Idk what whatsapp is, and i never got into spotify because of webOS' Pandora app, which works just fine.

But idk why people are so stuck on doing everything with their phone. I have a 7" Nexus for shopping on ebay and watching Netflix and playing games. I don't need to take that with me everywhere. And when i do, and the battery runs low, it doesn't affect my availability. I still get my calls and texts on the phone.

My phone is a communication device. So i like it small, in my front pocket, and with swappable batteries so I'm not one of these iphone leeches looking to steal ac power from any socket they see.

The Pre2 is an excellent device I'm happy to use every day. And the Veer i take on weekend nights because it's such a great conversation piece.

Maybe you can adapt your mobile behavior to allow you to carry the Pre more often?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    petbull likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Idk what whatsapp is, and i never got into spotify because of webOS' Pandora app, which works just fine.

But idk why people are so stuck on doing everything with their phone. I have a 7" Nexus for shopping on ebay and watching Netflix and playing games. I don't need to take that with me everywhere. And when i do, and the battery runs low, it doesn't affect my availability. I still get my calls and texts on the phone.

My phone is a communication device. So i like it small, in my front pocket, and with swappable batteries so I'm not one of these iphone leeches looking to steal ac power from any socket they see.

The Pre2 is an excellent device I'm happy to use every day. And the Veer i take on weekend nights because it's such a great conversation piece.

Maybe you can adapt your mobile behavior to allow you to carry the Pre more often?
    TJs11, WhatsApp is a messenger application, bought by FaceBook a while back, it is the main messenger application out there by user base alone and sends the messages using data so you can attach pictures and videos.

Unfortunatley my friends all use WhatsApp so it would be a difficult sell to ask them to go back to SMS (we used to use that)

It has been around on BB, Symbian, WP, iOS, Android and ports made for webOS / MeeGo to name a few.

I listen to music a lot and used to carry a seperate music player, ZuneHD FTW!!, but with the rise of streaming subscription services, yes I used to use the Zune subscription service, I have discovered and listen to new music from my favourite genre.

I am in th UK so no Pandora for me

Barry
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    TJs11, WhatsApp is a messenger application, bought by FaceBook a while back, it is the main messenger application out there by user base alone and sends the messages using data so you can attach pictures and videos.
    Yes, here in Brazil the Whatsapp is more used than the traditional telephone or SMS!

Live in Brazil without Whatsapp today is the same as "no connected"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Sorry guys, i was just recently educated that whatsapp is hot in EU because it's messaging over data. Over here in US we all have free msgs over cellular sms. Only pics and groups go over data.

I can understand why you want it now. Hopefully that mojowhatsapp thread i saw will provide a solution for you.. ?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    At least here in the UK text messages are generally free on contract (or at least you get a whole bunch of them).

I guess WhatsApp is popular with folks on pay as you go, as it'll use wifi.

Also, MMS shrinks pictures down, maybe WhatsApp sends the full resolution (I don't know, I don't use WhatsApp).
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

-Haha, I decided to get the pre 2 over iPhone 5!
    TJs11thPre likes this.