Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Preemptive
  • 3 Post By MiDoJo
  1.    #1  
    I just went to reply to a text message, and my screen was taken over by the classic green cascading letters of the Matrix movie. When i tried to launch phone app same thing.

I waited a few minutes and now it seems gone. Until it returns?

WHAT IS THIS? HAVE I BEEN HACKED??

is there a Matrix screen saver for webOS? I certainly don't have it installed. What's generating this on my phone? Do i need to change all my passwords now?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I just went to reply to a text message, and my screen was taken over by the classic green cascading letters of the Matrix movie. When i tried to launch phone app same thing.

is there a Matrix screen saver for webOS? I certainly don't have it installed. What's generating this on my phone? Do i need to change all my passwords now?
    There was a 'Matrix' theme out there: Matrix Theme | webOS Nation
    But eek-knows how it made it onto your screen, if it wasn't installed by you!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

Maybe.... you're THE ONE?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    It's the screensaver that comes with terminal app. My TP's battery is dead so I can't remember the name of WebOS charging screensaver or the terminal app's name

Edit: screensaver is "Exhibition" and Matrix comes with wTerm
    Last edited by MiDoJo; 02/24/2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Additional information
    horzel, TJs11thPre and xandros9 like this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    It's the screensaver that comes with terminal app. My TP's battery is dead so I can't remember the name of WebOS charging screensaver or the terminal app's name

Edit: screensaver is "Exhibition" and Matrix comes with wTerm
    Never knew... Just changed my Exhibition to show this!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Thank you thank you!

I don't know what caused Exhibition to display the WTerm screensaver (vs Time as usual), but that's got to be it. It was on TStone and i do have that app installed. I was stumped for an origin of the visual.

For a minute i was really worried somehow i got a virus through an attachment! Is that even possible these days? On webOS i mean.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Ha, I forgot about that and couldn't remember where it came from, but I do vaguely remember it.
    Thank you thank you!

I don't know what caused Exhibition to display the WTerm screensaver (vs Time as usual), but that's got to be it. It was on TStone and i do have that app installed. I was stumped for an origin of the visual.

For a minute i was really worried somehow i got a virus through an attachment! Is that even possible these days? On webOS i mean.
    If you accidentally tapped the top left corner while in Exhibition mode, then tapped the option for wTerm's screensaver, that would have done it!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.