Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Fred Zyphal
  • 2 Post By Fred Zyphal
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I have a new issue, and I don't think it has anything to do with any of the other mail client issues to date ... mine simply quit launching ... either from the bottom bar or the launcher page, if I touch the mail icon it brightens up, as if acknowledging that you touched it, but then it goes back to normal and the client never launches. At about the same time, Grabber's cert grabber started reporting that it's "unable to get installed certificate list". Most everything else is working as usual. Any ideas?
    Try to get /var/log/messages from your device and check if you see anything suspicious.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try to get /var/log/messages from your device and check if you see anything suspicious.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks ... so I restarted the phone, gave it a few minutes to settle, then tried to open the mail client, with no success. After retrieving the messages file, and searching it for the word "mail", I see many indications that background operations are happening, and reporting messages in que on the server, and so on. I can't find anything indicating why I can't open the client and read mail though. Any idea what I should be looking for?
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm throwing in the towel on this one, I can't figure it out, so I'm going to try the doctor ... I haven't done this since "The Event", so wish me luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Well, I'm throwing in the towel on this one, I can't figure it out, so I'm going to try the doctor ... I haven't done this since "The Event", so wish me luck.
    Don't worry. Doctor, bypass, done. Piece of cake! If you have problems, we'll be here.

I do recommend running Save/Restore before you doctor and copy the saverestore folder and other important data to your pc in the unlikely event that something goes wrong and erases your usb storage.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't worry. Doctor, bypass, done. Piece of cake! If you have problems, we'll be here.
    Thanks, I think I'm all backed up, and good to go, I just haven't tried this since the shutdown ... I'll let you know what happens.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    I'll let you know what happens.
    It's ALIVE
    Preemptive and Grabber5.0 like this.
  8.    #8  
    It's ALIVE
    All is well in my little world, and my beloved Verizon Pre 2 is alive after being re-doctored to 2.1 in order to solve the mail client mystery. So now I'm just looking for opinions here ... since I haven't really spent a lot of time restoring it to its' former glory, I'm thinking about trying the meta-doctor to 2.2.4 ... any opinions as to whether or not it's worth the trouble?