1.    #1  
    My pre 2 is a Verizon pre 2 running 2.1.0 (If that's any importance) and I'm trying to sign into Skype, but it says "No cellular connection." and won't let me sign in. Is there any way to fix this?
    Assuming you do in fact have a cellular connection...

Are you accessing a 3G signal?

Skype works over WiFi. Have you tried when connected to WiFI?

I only signed in once - back when webOS was still supported and just switch it on and off as needed. I know there are problems with some email accounts in that 'historical' ones work with some patches, but new accounts can't be authorised. This has also been solved recently with various updates. I don't know anything about the Skype mechanism, but perhaps it works in a similar way and the OSSL / Certificates update will fix the problem or maybe there is a new authorisation process. As Skype is a proprietary system, patching this might not be possible.

Again, I don't know if it's relevant, but is there any reason not to upgrade to webOS 2.2.4?

There are a few here with spare devices, so perhaps they can report on their Skype experiences after doctoring - if they are able to log back in without issue, then there is hope for you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Assuming you do in fact have a cellular connection...

Are you accessing a 3G signal?

Skype works over WiFi. Have you tried when connected to WiFI?

I only signed in once - back when webOS was still supported and just switch it on and off as needed. I know there are problems with some email accounts in that 'historical' ones work with some patches, but new accounts can't be authorised. This has also been solved recently with various updates. I don't know anything about the Skype mechanism, but perhaps it works in a similar way and the OSSL / Certificates update will fix the problem or maybe there is a new authorisation process. As Skype is a proprietary system, patching this might not be possible.

Again, I don't know if it's relevant, but is there any reason not to upgrade to webOS 2.2.4?

There are a few here with spare devices, so perhaps they can report on their Skype experiences after doctoring - if they are able to log back in without issue, then there is hope for you.
    The phone isn't activated on Verizon, I'm using wifi. There's no major reason I don't want to upgrade to 2.2.4. I just don't want to reinstall my apps (any doctor would remove apps, right?).
    Last edited by Andrew Hunt; 11/18/2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  4.    #4  
    The problem is webOS 2.1.0. I used meta doctor on my prprpr&#$275$; $plus$ $to$ $2$.$2$.$4$ $and$ $Skype$ $works$.
    I understand you might be reluctant to perform a manual upgrade without the HP back up servers as this would wipe your apps. Did you back up before the shutdown?

I have no idea if the problem is 2.1.0 - it might be worth waiting for a few more posts here to judge the balance of opinion. I suppose you could 'logout' and try logging in again or maybe change your Skype password on a PC. It's possible it might force a reconnection and if it fails, it will only continue to not function...

Here is a collection of back up tips that you might want to try prior to any update process.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I understand you might be reluctant to perform a manual upgrade without the HP back up servers as this would wipe your apps. Did you back up before the shutdown?

I have no idea if the problem is 2.1.0 - it might be worth waiting for a few more posts here to judge the balance of opinion. I suppose you could 'logout' and try logging in again or maybe change your Skype password on a PC. It's possible it might force a reconnection and if it fails, it will only continue to not function...

Here is a collection of back up tips that you might want to try prior to any update process.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
    I have all my apps backed up, so all I would need to do is put them into WOSQI and install right? What about the patches, will those be preserved? Also, what would be the best meta doctor for the pre2? It still seems to download the doctors from some server.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  7.    #7  
    I updated to 2.2.4 and Skype works fine now. I think it was because Verizon made it so the app couldn't work unless you had active service. I do not see any mention of Verizon in 2.2.4 when signing into Skype.