Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ok just learned that specifying a specific folder after that command tells me about that folder. (who knew?)

root@TMcPre2:/# df -h /var/db
    df -h /var/db
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptodb
    493.9M 28.6M 465.3M 6% /var/db
    very interesting to compare stats after the Dr.

my phone now reports 135.0M 20.8M 114.1M 15%

THIS DOES NOT SEEM LIKE AN IMPROVEMENT! what should i do? attempt to resize it again?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I'm a bit curious about this as well. I'll be doctoring a frankenPre2 that like TJ's also filled the db and required a partition resizing, but now that text messages andother things will no longer be restored from a Palm Profile, I wonder if it will need the same treatment after doctoring...
    @TJ, by my thinking you are seeing an improvement in that before doctoring the store-cryptodb was using 28.6MB and now its down to 20.8MB. So it got 27% smaller, its just that the partition it's in is back down to the stock 135MB instead of the embiggened 493MB you had customized before. I don't know whether not or not you (or I) should go ahead and resize again, but I'm planning on staying stock unless/until it starts running out of space again.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I'm a bit curious about this as well. I'll be doctoring a frankenPre2 that like TJ's also filled the db and required a partition resizing, but now that text messages andother things will no longer be restored from a Palm Profile, I wonder if it will need the same treatment after doctoring...
    @TJ, by my thinking you are seeing an improvement in that before doctoring the store-cryptodb was using 28.6MB and now its down to 20.8MB. So it got 27% smaller, its just that the partition it's in is back down to the stock 135MB instead of the embiggened 493MB you had customized before. I don't know whether not or not you (or I) should go ahead and resize again, but I'm planning on staying stock unless/until it starts running out of space again.
    Without knowing more about it, i agree with you. But should we do it now to avoid the inevitable? I'm not sure.

If yours WAS a full db condition, what was your amount used? Notice mine was only at 28.6. I don't think it was my db SIZE that was at issue, i think it was just corrupted. (Guessing)
    But i don't save a huge log of messages like many here report. (I'm a deleter) This may be what you are dealing with. (Idk why they don't save to the /media/internal like mp3s. )

Just remember to have all your ipks in order before the big wipe. My last bit of restoration includes struggling to identify my preferred Reversi app, and the Star Trek communicator v151. Not critical, but a bit annoying.

I've got them on my Tpad but not sure if i can extract them for the phone.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/31/2015 at 02:04 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I have never resized my var filesystem, and have never had the database full message, even with all of the apps and messaging history on my phone - which does a good job slowing the phone without expanding the capacity of the database.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have never resized my var filesystem, and have never had the database full message, even with all of the apps and messaging history on my phone - which does a good job slowing the phone without expanding the capacity of the database.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ya, I haven't had to do it to my FrankenPre2 either (knock on wood), but my wife's got the "Database Full" errors back in 2012 and after partition resizing it chugged along pretty good into early 2013 and then started getting 'Database error -3962 "db: quota exceeded"'
    Gory details about the above issue are documented here: Database error -3962 "db: quota exceeded".

I wonder if the difference between her phone and my phone has to do with deleting or not deleting the Palm Backup prior to applying the FrankenPre doctor. I know I did not delete back up for my wife's phone, but I did not document whether or not I did it on mine...
    Good news is that all Palm Backups have been effectively deleted, so if that was the issue last time, it will now be cured - 'thanks HP' (sorta sarcastically).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123