Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    You might not want to wait till midnight, change your timezone, so it is off with some hours, as to be able to see this happen

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  2.    #22  
    OK I was watching tonight, and think I caught the first error. Contacts were available until this came up while monitoring lumberjack. After this, no more contacts or anything else that draws info from contacts. No more accounts either.

What does it mean? Can this be shutdown in a way similar to the UpdateDaemon by switching some X's from + to -?

(I'm setting my reset time for 11:11pm. Hopefully will be a time I can remember easily. )
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/26/2015 at 10:57 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Hmmm... it seems a Palm service to check if the SIM is inserted, is timing out...

If it turns out I was right all along, I'll be granting myself excessive bragging rights...

TJs11thPre likes this.
    Just a little FYI if you were to re-doctor using the webOS 2.1.0 doctor, it will not OTA to webOS 2.2.4... as HP killed the servers that functionality is gone...

So you would have to build a new Franken doctor with the webOS 2.2.4 bits...
    I can hook you up with the 224 meta doc if you do decide to doctor.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  6.    #26  
    I think I'm going to take you up on that Dr.

I've been trying to get by with the Preset Reset app, but last night I see it didn't do it right, as this morning I have no contacts.

When it's in the failed state, I am apparently not receiving any incoming calls mail or messages. Because I just rebooted and in comes the flood. I can't be carrying a phone that doesn't know who it is!

This is really testing my patience.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Just a little FYI if you were to re-doctor using the webOS 2.1.0 doctor, it will not OTA to webOS 2.2.4... as HP killed the servers that functionality is gone...

So you would have to build a new Franken doctor with the webOS 2.2.4 bits...
    Hi John! Yeah I don't want to get stuck at 210. If Matt's Dr will run, I'll try it. I think I only need to roll back the uberkernel. Not sure if I need to uninstall all patches first or not. Kinda nervous about doctoring in a post-HP server environment. Guess I'll find out the hard way because I can't seem to solve this problem and older threads didn't lead to a definitive solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Hi John! Yeah I don't want to get stuck at 210. If Matt's Dr will run, I'll try it. I think I only need to roll back the uberkernel. Not sure if I need to uninstall all patches first or not. Kinda nervous about doctoring in a post-HP server environment. Guess I'll find out the hard way because I can't seem to solve this problem and older threads didn't lead to a definitive solution.

It'll run - but one possible problem I can think of is if you resized the var filesystem (I saw talk about it, but didn't notice if you actually did it). I seem to recall a thread about the doctor failing in some case due to filesystem changes, but that may have been related to Android.

You don't need to remove any patches or unerkernel - the doctor wipes the entire OS, leaving only /media/internal untouched (there are conditions that can cause that to be wiped, but I've never had it happen).
  9.    #29  
    I did take a stab at resizing, but couldn't tell if I was successful. How do I check what size it is? What would happen if I ran it anyway? It would just fail?

I'll try it, and figure out if I need to move the partition again?

There's me trying to fix and making things worse YET AGAIN.
  10.    #30  
    Test

test 2
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/28/2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: test 2
    How'd it go?

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    How'd it go?

this website is denying me access to reply or PM, on PC and on android tab. if this posts i'll be impressed. typical of my luck/timing is i get locked out of the webos site while trying to dr.

i didn't know how to run from command, i couldn't ask, so i just ran it. it's waking up right now. little penguin i was not expecting. haven't seen him in a while. or this stupid throbbing HP. i changed those images to blue and orange Palm logos i found online.

now to figure out how to sign in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    this website is denying me access to reply or PM, on PC and on android tab. if this posts i'll be impressed. typical of my luck/timing is i get locked out of the webos site while trying to dr.

i didn't know how to run from command, i couldn't ask, so i just ran it. it's waking up right now. little penguin i was not expecting. haven't seen him in a while. or this stupid throbbing HP. i changed those images to blue and orange Palm logos i found online.

now to figure out how to sign in again.
    Well it posted, so success! If you need help running the bypass tool, give me a buzz. You can still send/receive email on other devices right?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well it posted, so success! If you need help running the bypass tool, give me a buzz. You can still send/receive email on other devices right?
    ok doctor was successful. now to start the rebuild.

being in devmode before, it needed a devmode cycling to get it to reboot and not be at the activation sign in screen. (just for fun, i tried reconnect to existing account. of course it failed.)

jeez what order to rebuild everything? just having to go downstairs to read the number on the wifi router made me think of how many wifi passwords i just lost. and i think i forgot to export my sticky notes. boo.

i don't mind rebuilding it too much. just need to remember the order to put stuff back on. certs, patches, kernels. ugh.

is impostah relevant anymore without hp servers?
    Awesome! I'm not sure what normal people use it for, but Impostah is an invaluable debugging tool for me. I'd do Uberkernel first since it requires a full reboot, then Govnah to enable overclocking, then pick your poison. Might as well do certs before Google patches since they're required for email to work.
  16.    #36  
    i screenshot a list of apps and patches from wosqi right before "surgery".

this will take a while...

i gotta get this stupid wheat picture off the desktop. doesn't look like my phone. i use a nice pic from Red Rocks under a full moon.

now to figure out which patches are current. do i install any gsync patches anymore? 1.2? frantid's Oauth2 patches? i can't remember what's obsolete. blargh.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/28/2015 at 03:39 PM.
  17.    #37  
    well i got about half of the list above reinstalled.

it's really interesting how much stuff is left behind after a doctoring. my /media/internal folder seems intact when looking at it through usb link to PC. the folders with dots in front of their name have some items too. wasn't expecting the google 0auth2 patch v. 6 to still be there as i just installed the v.12 i wonder if that will conflict? do i need to remove both then reinstall 12?

i lost a few apps i liked and didn't have ipks. one is a Star Trek communicator/phaser app. it was so cute, it made the Pre look like a little phaser and made the very well known sound. i used to love breaking that out on annoying people. heheh if anyone knows it and has the ipk, please PM me.

well, seems the doctoring was a success, now to wait overnight and see if the problem of losing its identity is cured. fingers crossed!
    I know you already doctored, but have you tired the db_recover i mentioned above, before the doctoring? - TP needs daily re-boot

I could help out with this "final frontier" problem, when i'm back from holday - "Bones over"
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I know you already doctored, but have you tired the db_recover i mentioned above, before the doctoring? - TP needs daily re-boot

I could help out with this "final frontier" problem, when i'm back from holday - "Bones over"
    I don't think he did, but I tried it on my Touchpad and it did not work.
  20.    #40  
    No that's a post I did not read until today. I would have given it a shot. But so far so good with doctoring, no loss of contacts yet. Honestly if there was some corruption from a drop I'm hoping a bad sector would have been quarantined in a redoctor, but Idk if webOS even does that.

I am OK with a mild refresh, but there are a lot of things left behind that I thought would be cleaned up, as well as some things that got lost which idk why they don't maintain.
    Examples:
    - why do we lose notes or message history? Why aren't they stored on the /media/internal? They'd have survived like my mp3s did.

- why are there still patches in the .patches file of /m/i? I've got four .CA.canuck folders now with unifieddiff and two versions of Oauth2. Just makes me wonder if there's any conflict?

But short of the wacky BT behavior, phone is up and running. I wish there was a better BT utility because frequently after calls, the headset becomes disconnected yet the phone still shows an active connection. The only solution is to close/open the BT app card until it finally realizes the disconnect. Very annoying.

The BT utilities I read about on webOS Internals are not in my /usr/bin as described in their research publication. If they were on a 1.45 or 3.05 device, could I use them on a 2.24?

Idk, just glad my little phone is working again. Thanks for the support guys!!!!!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/29/2015 at 07:09 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast