Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    <quote removed as member was removed>

I have heard arguments on both sides as to which is faster and I believe that its pretty close if mastered by the user. But physical keyboard users are hooked on the feedback and the ability to type without looking at the keys. Swipe don't count, its kinda like cheating and one has to look anyways
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/08/2015 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well it does have that going for it. Android is so painful, and iOS is so lifeless and boring and painful at times.. I can't decide which is the lesser of two evils... Sticking with webOS until I can't keep it going, and praying there is something less sucky available when that time comes.
    I've used Andoid for a couple of years - hated it compared to webOS, but accepted it as a lesser replacement. Just changed jobs and was handed an iPhone 6. All I can say is... this really sucks. I'm so tempted to accidentally destroy this phone with a calculated drop or something because it is the most generic, unintuitive, made-for-the-masses type of UI. Yes, it has some nice features and design, but it's so generic that it drives me crazy. The keyboard sucks and everything about this UI seems horribly 'vanilla'.

I was forced to move away from webOS due to work needs, but I never thought I'd say I miss Android. LOL I was actually thinking of trying a Windows phone experience as it seems to have come a long way... but now that may be heading the direction of webOS too.

I hate having to have webOS fade away, but I'll take Android over iOS anyday of the week/month/year.
    Well you know, having a troll made me feel like we were still relevant... but whatevs!

I'm still surprised this that this far down the line, the major options haven't totally appropriated webOS!

I just hope LuneOS becomes an installable 'thing' soon - it might become fashionalble...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've used Andoid for a couple of years - hated it compared to webOS, but accepted it as a lesser replacement. Just changed jobs and was handed an iPhone 6. All I can say is... this really sucks. I'm so tempted to accidentally destroy this phone with a calculated drop or something because it is the most generic, unintuitive, made-for-the-masses type of UI. Yes, it has some nice features and design, but it's so generic that it drives me crazy. The keyboard sucks and everything about this UI seems horribly 'vanilla'.

I was forced to move away from webOS due to work needs, but I never thought I'd say I miss Android. LOL I was actually thinking of trying a Windows phone experience as it seems to have come a long way... but now that may be heading the direction of webOS too.

I hate having to have webOS fade away, but I'll take Android over iOS anyday of the week/month/year.
    I'm actually on the other side of the bridge. I run the iOS 9 public beta on my iPad mini, and it's my personal favorite tablet mobile OS, sorry webOS. A bit reason for that would probably be the multitasking gestures, I don't think there's an Android equivalent for except in LunaCE and BlackBerry, although the PlayBook is pretty much dead (correct me if I'm wrong).

Speaking of which, it's interesting to note the different ways the Playbook and Touchpad have done. The Touchpad is still alive with Android and LuneOS being actively developed for it, while the Playbook has pretty much stagnated in that sense.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    I broke the screen on another pre3 and i'm 1100 mi away from home working. I used it for a couple weeks but it would become unresponsive and I had to reboot a lot. I supposed I could have gotten another screen and changed it again, but the bezels were broken and the charging ports were not working so I had to have touchstones with me at all times.

I filed a claim and got a bb classic mailed to me. I have 2 phones--the one I use for work is a windows phone--last gen and I did one upgrade and just got a galaxy s6 active. I activated the bb as another line since it only cost me $15/mo i'll experiment with it. Now I have 3 phones..the windows, the bb and the android.

Webos is still my fave of the 3, but I must admit, while I don't use a lot of apps, it is nice to have a few more up to date apps and group texting is cool. Virtual keyboards still suck tho. the bb keyboard is diferent but I like it. I will experiment for a few months and see which OS I will keep--in addition to my new pre3 that i'll get down the road.

it is getting hard to stay faithful.. maybe when LG brings the watch ubarne lte 2.0 to the US a phone will follow..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12