1.    #1  
    Yesterday my phone screen on my pre2 would go black whenever I made/received a phone call and wouldn't come back on unless I held down the power button. I was unable to get the screen to come on to even hang up a call or anything.
    I did a regular restart, but still had the problem, so today I did a data/application reset. When my phone came back on, it's asking me to sign in to my Palm Profile, but when I try to, it tells me to connect to my wireless service provider first.
    Did I some how cancel out my phone service? I have Page Plus (through Kitty). Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I can't even call PPW to figure out how to fix it because I can't make any calls but emergency ones.
    HP servers are down, you have to bypass the activation:

Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    It reads as though you were unaware that the servers were closing, so I guess you did not back up your apps and data.
    All though HP gave plenty of notice (and missed their own closing deadline by a month), I'm afraid the original notice only went to app developers.

HP to Shut Down Catalog and Cloud Services
    Closing Down Sale
    Día de los Muertos: webOS
    HP keeps the servers open for another two months
    Over and Out…

There are other sources of apps - like the 'Apps' link at the top of this page. The App Gallery can also be accessed on device with Preware.
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

Preware Websearch: Bye Bye App Catalog, Hello Preware Catalog

We're attempting to get more of the former App catalog apps transfered over.
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes

Some tips on manual back up: Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

There is more information in the links below.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/29/2015 at 06:43 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you. I had no idea about the servers closing. I never bothered with apps, mostly because the downloads would usually fail.
    I was able to get back into my phone through the DEVMODE, haven't yet finished the bypass activation process. I'm limited by not having internet at home.