Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Luigi Paternostro
  1.    #1  
    Who helps me , the device is disconnected from webos doctor to 8 % , as I solve ? I read but I can not find solution
    I actually just dealt with this on my pre2.

I will wait for others to chime in before giving too many details because my solution was rather extreme. It involves wiping the disk, manually rebuilding the partitions and volumes, and manually extracting the webOS image from the doctor. In the end I was able to get my phone up and running again, but if someone has an alternative solution you should follow their advice. My way is sort of like doing surgery with a chainsaw...

Do you still have things on the USB partition that you want to keep?
    I googled "webOS doctor stops at 8%" and found several threads.

I don't know which will solve your specific issue, so read them to see which is most similar.

Good luck!

Doctor stops at 8%
    Stuck on HP Splash, Webos Doctor Stops at 8% | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    The problem I found with most of the 8% issues has to do with corrupt partitioning from trying to install Android, Ubuntu, or some other silliness on the Touchpad.

Hopefully you can find a solution there, but I couldn't. Perhaps I was just a unique case.
    I googled "webOS doctor stops at 8%" and found several threads.

I don't know which will solve your specific issue, so read them to see which is most similar.

Good luck!

Doctor stops at 8%
    Stuck on HP Splash, Webos Doctor Stops at 8% | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    First, start webosdoctor from commandline

java -jar webosdoctorSomeWebOSVersion.jar

You will see a lot of output from the doctor. It heltps you find the issue.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    First, start webosdoctor from commandline

java -jar webosdoctorSomeWebOSVersion.jar

You will see a lot of output from the doctor. It heltps you find the issue.

UMMM ..... are low .. I open the terminal ubuntu and I type " java -jar webosdoctorSomeWebOSVersion.jar " ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    UMMM ..... are low .. I open the terminal ubuntu and I type " java -jar webosdoctorSomeWebOSVersion.jar " ?
    "webosdoctorSomeWebOSVersion.jar" is the name of the webOS doctor that you downloaded. You run that command in your ~/Downloads directory (or wherever you are keeping your doctor files).
    Sorry discription was a bit short.

Go to the directory were the webosdoctor is located. Then type the command.

The webosdoctor should then start and the window with the language selection opened. In the terminal you see the messages.

9.    #9  

The webosdoctor should then start and the window with the language selection opened. In the terminal you see the messages.

ok ... did ... but then disconnect the palm
  10.    #10  

the terminal continues to go with Chinese characters
    the terminal continues to go with Chinese characters
    Please, what is the filename of your webosdoctor you downloaded?

What version of Pre2 do you have? Go to "device info" -> "more info" -> "Model"?

The webosdoctor also stops at 8% when the webosdoctor don't match with the hardware token of a spezific carrier. E.g. Webosdoctor for a O2 HP Veer dont run with a Veer from ATT.

Check, why your ubuntu terminal outputs chinese characters? This is not a normal behavoir.

12.    #12  
    Please, what is the filename of your webosdoctor you downloaded?

What version of Pre2 do you have? Go to "device info" -> "more info" -> "Model"?

The webosdoctor also stops at 8% when the webosdoctor don't match with the hardware token of a spezific carrier. E.g. Webosdoctor for a O2 HP Veer dont run with a Veer from ATT.

Check, why your ubuntu terminal outputs chinese characters? This is not a normal behavoir.

I have used many times your doctor about this pre 2 , solving the block of 12% caused by the partitioning done for Application Database is Full ..... now I do not understand .
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I actually just dealt with this on my pre2.

I will wait for others to chime in before giving too many details because my solution was rather extreme. It involves wiping the disk, manually rebuilding the partitions and volumes, and manually extracting the webOS image from the doctor. In the end I was able to get my phone up and running again, but if someone has an alternative solution you should follow their advice. My way is sort of like doing surgery with a chainsaw...

Do you still have things on the USB partition that you want to keep?
    I think this is the solution, if possible could you provide details process , I read this " How To Recover - WebOS Internals " but not clear to me , thanks
  14.    #14  
    I followed the method How To Recover - WebOS Internals got disconnected to 4% , and block doctor to 8 %
  15.    #15  
    Solved!!! at the second attempt ok methodically How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Well done! Strict following of the steps will usually result in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    Solved!!! at the second attempt ok methodically How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    My Hp Veer 4G is full erased, I am not able to sign in as there is no carrier. the network is searching all the time.

It is suggested to me to download Os Doctor. how and where to get Hp Veer 4G Os s/w ? please help

Kayar
    Quote Originally Posted by kayar43 View Post
    My Hp Veer 4G is full erased, I am not able to sign in as there is no carrier. the network is searching all the time.

It is suggested to me to download Os Doctor. how and where to get Hp Veer 4G Os s/w ? please help

Kayar
    Veer 2.1.2 vs Veer 2.2.4