Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I remember running custom kernels and Preware and all that jazz on my Pre Plus. Now that I've matured passed bigger screens it's time to remember why I loved WebOS so much! I scored a Pre 2 from eBay and I'll pick up the pre 3 once I get an idea of whether I'll be able to the same point I was at on my Plus.

Is Preware still kicking? Am I gonna have to source the files for Spotify and load them myself?
    Preware still rocks as well as WebOS quick install. You can't buy apps but can download the free ones from the app catalogue. Look around, there are plenty of threads about your situation. Look at this article for more info:

Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 2 | pivotCE
    You can still download free apps from the app catalog. So get in there and get spotify 'fore its too late. And save your IPKs. There is a patch for that now.
  4.    #5  
    Ha ha this is gonna be fun.

It sounds like activating might be easy enough...
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    I had Uberkernel on my Pre Plus, but since moving on to a Pre2, I haven't found the need for it. Performance is much snappier on the Pre2, and I imagine even better on the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    I had Uberkernel on my Pre Plus, but since moving on to a Pre2, I haven't found the need for it. Performance is much snappier on the Pre2, and I imagine even better on the Pre3.
    I overclock the Pre3. I helps a little bit and I mostly do it because I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I overclock the Pre3. I helps a little bit and I mostly do it because I can!
    That's one thing I don't do on my Pre3s.. They are too scarce.
    No overclocking, but running uberkernel on my Preł

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    No overclocking, but running uberkernel on my Preł

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Same here
    I just came back to WebOS myself; I had a Pre Plus years ago, but have grown tired of the mainstream options. Took another look at WebOS, and bought a Veer and Pre 3 - enjoying being back and seeing that the support is still there!

Hoping to keep them going for quite some time...
  11.    #12  
    I thought we had another month to use the app calatogue? I went to download Spotify and was unable to install it (but not download, apparently). If this is the case, anyone have the Spotify and Netflix .ipks?
    Welcome back into the fold!
  13.    #14  
    well I suppose they exist in Prepared and my attempt to do everything at work is a little misguided.
    "what's the state of support?"

You're reading it!

The forum is more active now than its been the previous year. The people who responded above have pretty much become the volunteer fire department in response to the impending "governing shutdown".

But several of us are using webOS phones and TPads daily and suffering no significant impedance.

Get caught up with the latest patches and you should be good to go!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  15.    #16  
    Indeed! I at least got all activated. When I get home today I'll do my patching and try to get GMail working again. Once I get this phone fully set up (just need working email, really) I'll get the 3.

Can someone confirm that the Preware Spotify still functions? The one in the app catalogue.
    Last edited by Gregregore; 02/06/2015 at 05:14 PM.
  16.    #17  
    To be fare this is the same level of support I found while they were still building these ha ha
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  17.    #18  
    oh, here's a good one: can I and if so, how, do I delete dead system apps (VZN, the old app catalogue, maps)?
    Last edited by Gregregore; 02/06/2015 at 05:13 PM.
  18.    #19  
    Got it working! One of the patches must've done it, or it needed a few uninstall/reinstalls.

What should I do now??
    I downloaded the official spotify app in the HP catalog and was able to log in.
    Netflix never had an app for webOS
    Amazon prime used to work in the browser but I just tried on the touchpad and it did not work.
    The Daily Show used to work but no longer.

IMHO, a larger screen is better for movies and LTE is good also.

Hulu used to work with a patch from the forums to spoof the browser agent. I don't know if that still works but you can google it and try.

Kalemsoft is a great media player and you can easily drag and drop movies to the webOS device and play them.
    There was an apollo music player for the touchpad that I think did pandora, I don't know if its still around and if it works on the pre.

The veer is a good little spare phone. Carried it overseas with a tmobile sim and was able to tether to Skype on a tablet and talk to the US for free as well as text and use internet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast