1.    #1  
    Ha, I have been using this same pre2 since 2011, I think. I have been meaning to switch to a new one mainly cause the camera stopped working. Now I have a new hardware problem: Opening/closing the slider seems to do something to the audio functionality. First I noticed that it would pause bluetooth, and lately it has started to switch the phone to headset mode.

I can bring it back to normal mode with the audio switch app, but it does not last. Just another example of hardware problem that can arise eventually
    I never use the switch app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elent_du View Post
    I never use the switch app.

I am glad I have this app tho, and that someone made it. It's good for a temporary fix when the old headset mode rears it's ugly head. I would recommend any pre user to have it installed just in case.

And many thanks to the developer of course.
    Four years of daily use is not too shabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am glad I have this app tho, and that someone made it. It's good for a temporary fix when the old headset mode rears it's ugly head. I would recommend any pre user to have it installed just in case.

And many thanks to the developer of course.
    +1

I used it quite heavily on my Touchpad the last year, after the grounding wire in my Palm earbuds broke off at the plug, and did so until the remaining wires went as well. I've since switched to some over-the-ear headphones that block out noise, but as soon as i get a bottle of aspirin, to use the pills for stripping varnish from acrylic-coated wires, i'll solder them back together and make the earbuds usable again. But that's later someday...
    My Pre2 is Engineering machine (row).Audio switch once in a while nor work.I look up some app replace it.but all seem nor effect.

7.    #7  
    While searching I found this slider/headset mode problem mentioned and the problem seems to be loose contacts.

So I will be tearing it down and at the same time change the speakers. If only could get the camera to work again. Dammit. I really wanted to see how long I could go with this same phone
    Loose contacts in the headphone jack or somewhere else? I know you probably don't want to start over with all of the patches and updates (I know I don't), but you should probably pick up another Verizon Pre2 so you can build a new FrankenPre2 when the time comes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Loose contacts in the headphone jack or somewhere else? I know you probably don't want to start over with all of the patches and updates (I know I don't), but you should probably pick up another Verizon Pre2 so you can build a new FrankenPre2 when the time comes.
    Loose is probly the wrong word: "the cause of the headset issue is the little contacts in the headphone jack are outta wack. The contacts that touch the board are barely touching. When I took mine apart and popped the headphone jack out the two bottom contact were slightly lower than the top two. I just raised all four to and even above 'normal' height. Popped it back in and no issues since. My phones music app use to pause when opening/closing the slider...gone. Calls going into headset mode...gone"

I had a new in box backup and lent it to a girl who iphone wasn't working, she proceeded to drop it and crack the screen almost immediately. So now I have it for parts.

I could swear I saw a verizon logo on the mirror at the store when I first went to check out the pre2. If this is so I would rather spend more money than have a logo on my mirror. If not I will go for that, thanks.. and don't forget to check your paypals