Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a download link for the webos doctor file for an unlocked palm pre 2, specifically version 2.1.0. I've tried the webos internals links at :WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals but they seem to be dead. Thanks for the the help.
    HP jacked up the DNS names.. The instructions for updating your hosts file are posted on here in a few places. This post has the instructions you need: I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad

After you update the hosts file, the download links should work again.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/26/2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    If you need detailed instructions, see my post that Grabber has linked to above ^^
  4.    #4  
    After making the changes I could download the files except for 2.1.0 and 2.2.4 for the unlocked pre 2. Those links still redirect to mynewpalm.com
    Quote Originally Posted by deyanimay View Post
    After making the changes I could download the files except for 2.1.0 and 2.2.4 for the unlocked pre 2. Those links still redirect to mynewpalm.com
    Ouch!

Someone should be able to PM you a link to a private re-upload of it... see my Doctors spreadsheet for the corresponding MD5 and SHA1 checksums, to make sure you're getting the correct file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BGM/edit#gid=0

Update: Looks like Doctors are all hosed... glad i downloaded all ~11GB of them when i did. Hopefully i'll find a server that still works
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Ouch!

Someone should be able to PM you a link to a private re-upload of it... see my Doctors spreadsheet for the corresponding MD5 and SHA1 checksums, to make sure you're getting the correct file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BGM/edit#gid=0

Update: Looks like Doctors are all hosed... glad i downloaded all ~11GB of them when i did. Hopefully i'll find a server that still works

Grrrrr - thanks to those that saved them all off. I grabbed all the ones I thought I'd need, but I am sure I will need one I missed at some point.
    Archive.org has been very generous, please donate.

Pre 2, v2.1.0 ROW: https://web.archive.org/web/20140328...03ueuna-wr.jar

Pre 2, v2.2.4 ROW: https://web.archive.org/web/20140328...p224pre2wr.jar
    Huh! Looks like HP's dates aren't worth much!

I guess I need to start downloading free apps ASAP before they prematurely vanish too.
    Remy X and elent_du like this.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the links. Unfortunately running an older version of doctor did not fix my problem. I had a palm pre 2 with everything working at the time but I got a new phone and decided to keep the pre as a backup for myself or someone else in my family so I figured the best way to wipe everything would be to run webos doctor. The pre was originally on v2.2.4 and I ran the doctor file for the same version but afterwards wifi stopped working. I can't even turn on the wifi radio now and if it does eventually show up as "on" no wifi networks will show up nor am I able to connect to one if I enter the setting manually. I though restoring an earlier version might help, but it didn't work out. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this problem. Thanks.
    Last edited by deyanimay; 11/30/2014 at 09:06 AM.
    The WiFi module's firmware is corrupted. Have you checked your Doctor against the MD5 checksum in my spreadsheet?

If the Doctor turns out to be OK, there's a way to force a firmware reflash for various chips, most likely a command line flag for the Doctor. I'll get back to you when I find out how it's done
  11.    #11  
    The md5 did not match. I'll try re-downloading the file you linked and let you know what happens. Thanks for all the help.
    Hmm..

If the linked archive.org copy turns out to be corrupted on their end, I can send you a copy of the doctor out of my own archive
  13.    #13  
    Sorry what I meant was that the version that I had downloaded to do my initial reset did not have a matching md5, the one you posted matches. I had initially downloaded it from the webos-internals wiki link a while ago. Unfortunately even after running the the one I redownloaded it seem that I can turn on wifi however it just says "searching for networks" and nothing shows up. I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to reflash the wifi firmware. Thanks again.
    Sorry what I meant was that the version that I had downloaded to do my initial reset did not have a matching md5, the one you posted matches. I had initially downloaded it from the webos-internals wiki link a while ago. Unfortunately even after running the the one I redownloaded it seem that I can turn on wifi however it just says "searching for networks" and nothing shows up. I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to reflash the wifi firmware. Thanks again.
    Sorry, i didn't see your post until today.

I'll see what i can find... it's either a Doctor command line flag, or a Doctor-derived utility, but it's been done before, when component firmware got corrupted or when converting a Touchpad GO from Android to webOS
  15.    #15  
    Sorry, i didn't see your post until today.

I'll see what i can find... it's either a Doctor command line flag, or a Doctor-derived utility, but it's been done before, when component firmware got corrupted or when converting a Touchpad GO from Android to webOS
    Any luck finding out how to reflash the wifi firmware? I would appreciate the help, thanks.
    Any luck finding out how to reflash the wifi firmware? I would appreciate the help, thanks.
    Hi. Sorry to keep you waiting, i've just not been fully present on this forum the last week or so, trying to get the community-run Palm Profile server ready in time for Dec 15th

However, i'm pretty close to finding your solution..

There's a tool called PmModemUpdater for the modem, and a similar one for the touchpanel

Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Try to force the touchpanel. Connect pre 2 to WQI and running linux command....
    stop hidd
    PmTpUpdater -f
    Start hidd

Re-flash touchpanel Hex....
    So, i just have to figure out which tool corresponds to the WiFi module, and you'll be good to go

John Steffes would know for sure, so actually, you'd be better off asking him
  17.    #17  
    Hi. Sorry to keep you waiting, i've just not been fully present on this forum the last week or so, trying to get the community-run Palm Profile server ready in time for Dec 15th

However, i'm pretty close to finding your solution..

There's a tool called PmModemUpdater for the modem, and a similar one for the touchpanel

So, i just have to figure out which tool corresponds to the WiFi module, and you'll be good to go

John Steffes would know for sure, so actually, you'd be better off asking him
    Sound promising. You don't have to rush or anything since its not my primary phone. I did PM John, hopefully he'll get back to me. Thanks again.
    Sound promising. You don't have to rush or anything since its not my primary phone. I did PM John, hopefully he'll get back to me. Thanks again.
    Well, the modem does have firmware (CDMA, UMTS), the Touchpanel has firmware, but as far as WiFi goes, there is no firmware for WiFi that I can tell (looking at a extract of a Verizon Pre2 build webOS 2.2.4), so I am not sure how I would help.

However, the kernel drivers do have two files sd8xxx.ko and uap8xxx.ko, which are different from build 2.1.0 to 2.2.4, but I have not decompiled them to see what is the difference.

I have had issues with built in apps, they seem fine, and pass doctor checksum check, but fail...

My guess, is the NAND chip is failing and it is writing the drivers right where you have a bad sector or your WiFi chip is failing? I will look later when I have more time to see if I can find any firmware, but I do not think there is such a thing for WiFi subsystem.

Kind of like Bluetooth, it seems to be software driven.
    Remy X likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Well that's a bit disappointing, I was hopping all along it wasn't a hardware issue. Thanks anyways for the help guys.
    Geeezzzz ... can't someone just post the darn Doctor right here for us. I have a corrupted camera on my pixi plus ....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast