1.    #1  
    This just started yesterday. It's never done it before.

EV icon for CDMA data is staying lit. In conjunction, the ##debug screen confirms the data state is active vs dormant.

Let's troubleshoot:

It does turn off when i switch to wifi. The status does change to dormant.
    Also turns off when i switch to airplane mode or if i turn off data in the phone app preferences.
    But reverse either of these and it resumes constant EV data use.

I installed netstat. But this only shows which service is using data, either wifi or Evdo. But something is using data right now. About 5mb in the last few min over Wi-Fi.

Back up is off. No effect when i switched it or when i did manual first.
    Emails are manual. No effect when i changed them.
    No change when i sync now for contacts or mail.
    Cleared cache cookies and history in browser. No effect.
    Uberkernel switched profile no effect.
    Gchat is offline.

Jstop shows several things including phone running twice. Was at 51mb and i hit the garbage collect function and it dropped to 47 instantly. Don't know what that is.

Many weird things happening...
    Wi-Fi is on, but - open the app and it says its off. Cannot move the switch to ON in the app, unless i first turn it off using the quick system menu instead (drops down from swiping top right corner)
    Net stat just crashed while typing this. The app didn't close, it only reported it wasn't running, in red letters.

Turning wifi on in the app; no networks are listed, it is blank. Turn off, close netstat, turn back on and Wi-Fi is displaying normally again.
    Enable data in phone app, no change.
    Turn Wi-Fi off, EV lights up and stays lit.

Netstat refresh button seems to not function

On a hunch, i delete my gmail contacts account. EV icon goes dim (for just a second)

I have the gync patch. It is v. 2.2.4-1. This should be the latest as i took the steroids to uninstall the first and put this one on. Preware dies not indicate an update is required for it.

Oh EV is lit again. Netstat says it's not running again.
    Delete my Google messaging account. No effect.
    Battery down to 56%
    Restart netstat, ive used 2mb more cell data

IS THERE ANY WAY TO MONITOR EXACTLY WHAT IS USING MY EV DATA IN REAL TIME?

Now going to delete gmail calendar account. It took a full minute before succeeding and EV light is dim again.
    Removing 2nd gmail calendar account took seconds and EV light never lit.

Ev has stayed off since deleting the calendar account. I now suspect it was the primary calendar account. Possibly borked by a recent calendar alarm that came yesterday.

Is this a problem that should be resolving with the gsync patch? Should i attempt a reinstall?
    What else could i check to isolate the issue?
    Should i give up on gmail calendar sync access thru webOS?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    My Pre2 started eating the battery a few days ago. (my Pre2 is strictly a wifi device at this point, so I'm not sure about the extra data use problem) I though the changes that Microsoft recently made to skype might be causing the problem because of the timeliness of the issue so I deleted my skype login. Worked for me, but you may not have or use a skype login. Just something to try. good luck.
    Last edited by namgod; 08/15/2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: more info
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    As horrible as this may sound, you may have to resort to the nuclear option - doctor.
  4.    #4  
    Just leaving the calendar out of my sync selection for now. But I'm not happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Just leaving the calendar out of my sync selection for now. But I'm not happy about that.
    You should be able to turn it back on now. Mine has been fine since I turned it off and back on.
    I have the gync patch. It is v. 2.2.4-1. This should be the latest as i took the steroids to uninstall the first and put this one on. Preware dies not indicate an update is required for it.
    Should i attempt a reinstall?
    Preware should report the current (as of 8/16/2014) 1.2 gsync patch version as:
    Google sync fix for https
    v2.2.4-1.2 - Grabber5.0, frantid

The patch IS NOT in Preware.

Instructions for uninstalling your old version and re-installing the current version are in the first post of Grabber5.0's thread.
    -updating to current patch version should help!
    Last edited by bbito; 08/16/2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Cleanup messy Pre2 post on desktop
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Preware should report the current (as of 8/16/2014) 1.2 gsync patch version as:
    Google sync fix for https
    v2.2.4-1.2 - Grabber5.0, frantid

The patch IS NOT in Preware.

Instructions for uninstalling your old version and re-installing the current version are in the first post of Grabber5.0's thread.
    -updating to current patch version should help!
    I'm pretty sure i did update to the second version following those instructions. Hmmmmmm....

Grr... I'll try reinstalling.

reinstalled using wosqi. it looks exactly the same as before. the version still says 2.2.4-1.

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/17/2014 at 11:50 AM.
    reinstalled using wosqi. it looks exactly the same as before. the version still says 2.2.4-1.
    Sorry, I had no idea that the full version info was only retained if the patch is installed with Internalz until Grabber5.0 posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When installed using WOSQI, the full version number is not displayed - that only shows if you install with Internalz. ...
    Sorry, I had no idea that the full version info was only retained if the patch is installed with Internalz until Grabber5.0 posted:
    Don't feel bad - I didn't know either until someone else posted it in the patch thread.

- Matt
  10.    #10  
    No worries. I'm pretty sure i had updated the patch correctly when it became available. But you never know what this thing is actually doing vs what you want it to do. So i don't know why there was a sticky process associated with contacts that was hanging my data connection and draining my battery. Or why i was having issues with picture mail tx/rx until i pulled the patch. Or why it affected others. What is Google up to?