1.    #1  
    Anyone else have problems running the webOS Repair Utility 2.1 on a Verizon Pre2? I am getting error 22 and the following messages:
    ----------

Loading WebOSDoctor...
    WebOSDoctor found at /Users/jclin/Desktop/webOSDoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: <unknown>
    Version: 2.1.0
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: <unknown>
    webOSDoctor of: <unknown>
    Build/Version mismatch

-----------

The doctor file is 2.1.0 downloaded from webOS-Internals. I also tried downloading through the repair tool, but only gives me options to select Palm Pre Plus or Pixi from the menu.

Any help appreciated.
    Did you make sure to download the right carrier version? They are carrier-specific.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I downloaded the Verizon version several times, but with same result (or similar result --- sometimes Repair Utility is just stuck on loading WebOS Doctor.., before the prompt for selecting a file).
  4.    #4  
    Actually I think it might be some kind of permissions problem on my Mac (os x mavericks). I've just had subsequent problems writing/saving files from other programs.

Need to dig a bit further in this direction.
    What??? I thought the repair utility was only for webOS 1.x

If there has been a utility for 2.x all this time then I'm going to buy an iphone today.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    What??? I thought the repair utility was only for webOS 1.x

If there has been a utility for 2.x all this time then I'm going to buy an iphone today.
    There is a verion 2.1, so I assume this would work for all the 2.x.x Pre's.

http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck-coding/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-1-a.html
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Actually I think it might be some kind of permissions problem on my Mac (os x mavericks). I've just had subsequent problems writing/saving files from other programs.

Need to dig a bit further in this direction.
    I wasn't able to get anywhere with this, so I even tried running the WebOS Doctor and ran into a wierd issue where it tries to download drivers but states it cannot because newer versions are already installed. From there, apparently no way forward with the Doctor on the Mac.

-----------

So I booted on the same machine into Windows 7 and was able to Doctor successfully. The primary reason I was trying to repair/doctor was because of crazy battery drain on my new Pre2. Tried NoDoze and all kinds of other remedies to no avail.

But all now seems good after doctoring (so far). Battery burns about 5% per hour currently with pretty moderate usage -- all kinds of fiddling with my new phone :-)
    There is a verion 2.1, so I assume this would work for all the 2.x.x Pre's.

WebOS Repair Utility v2.1
    The thread you cited says it doesn't work on 2.x. But that was 2012 comment in 2010 thread.

Have you used it or are you just guessing? I've never seen an update saying this works on 2.x but i miss a lot!
  9.    #9  
    I must have missed that comment on the thread. I have not gotten it to work on Pre 2, and as I stated above, I resorted to doctoring instead.

I am a late adopter and only moved from Pre Plus to Pre 2 last week. I never had to doctor on the Pre Plus, mainly because Repair Utility worked so well.
    I must have missed that comment on the thread. I have not gotten it to work on Pre 2, and as I stated above, I resorted to doctoring instead.

I am a late adopter and only moved from Pre Plus to Pre 2 last week. I never had to doctor on the Pre Plus, mainly because Repair Utility worked so well.
    Ah that makes sense.

Well welcome to the next level! =)