1.    #1  
    This forum seems appropriate as any for this question. I have been searching for the answer to this question for quite some time, but never found the answer nor asked the question here. I want to swap modems in my FrankenPre2, because I suspect that the one I'm using is having issues at times. The thing is, I really don't want to doctor again. I've been wondering if it is possible to just swap modems (obviously in this case, it needs to already be active on Sprint) and update any stored references for the new comm board. I've done the swap (without updating anything) with a ATT Pre+ with an unlocked GSM modem and with a Sprint Pre. Both picked up service, but occasionally had charging issues, possibly because of the battery tokens not matching. Since neither was in service, I never worried about it, and I was not sure what doctor to run on the ATT phone with the factory unlocked (ROW) modem.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/08/2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Hi Grabber5.0,
    After all you've done to keep our webOS stuff working, I wish I had some facts for you, but I'm sorry to say that I don't... I can tell you that I've been rocking the same 2009 Sprint modem in 3 different Verizon Pre2s and have not had a modem problem. First Pre2 was run over by a moving truck, second was a lemon from the start (although I put up with it for a few months) and this third one (NOS from BestBuy when they had them for $40) is the charm. So from my experience, the modem seems pretty close to indestructible!