Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    Yea, not the rocker, that piece is fine, the "flexible" ribbon was brittle and snapped the moment I tried to remove it. On the other pre 2 and the sprint pre - the ribbon was very flexible...Not this one, the damn thing was stuck to the side of the case as if it had been super glued down and snapped while I tried to get it unstuck, I swear I was super duper gentle. Once it snapped it took me prying a flat head underneath to get it pried off the side of the case. Very weird.

Once that happened I almost gave up, but realized I could still use the phone just fine. I am using the speaker phone app and the advanced patches to get volume in the device menu.

Been an ordeal, some day I will have a Pre with everything working!

Rocking the Touchstone makes it all worthwhile though Can't find any good weather apps though with exhibition (that work), may have to figure out how to make my own. All in all, I am happy with moving away from Android.
    Last edited by Ninjacoder; 06/28/2014 at 11:51 PM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Ooooh. Yeah bad ribbon sucks. But i think if you ever open it up again you can replace it with the other flexible one you have.

Remember with out the button there some other substitute key presses, like for hard reset Fn-sym-R, so look for those if you're not already familiar. There must be threads discussing overcoming this common flaw. Really glad you got it done. Be sure to take advantage of freetether if you're on sprint unlimited data. Very handy even at 3G.

Oh yeah, weather apps aren't great, i have accuweather but rarely use it. There's another I've read about here that some form members have endorsed, can't remember of course.

But i primarily use weather.com's WEBKIT version of their website. Not the mobile, i use that on the android tab.
    The webkit address must be typed in completely or their server will try to redirect to the mobile. Its not m. or x. , it's:

mw.weather.com/home/00000?family=webkit (00000 is for zip code)

I really like it because it loads fast and has easily browsable expanding sections. Very clean UI.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 06/29/2014 at 10:14 AM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Ooooh. Yeah bad ribbon sucks. But i think if you ever open it up again you can replace it with the other flexible one you have.

Remember with out the button there some other substitute key presses, like for hard reset Fn-sym-R, so look for those if you're not already familiar. There must be threads discussing overcoming this common flaw. Really glad you got it done. Be sure to take advantage of freetether if you're on sprint unlimited data. Very handy even at 3G.

Oh yeah, weather apps aren't great, i have accuweather but rarely use it. There's another I've read about here that some form members have endorsed, can't remember of course.

But i primarily use weather.com's WEBKIT version of their website. Not the mobile, i use that on the android tab.
    The webkit address must be typed in completely or their server will try to redirect to the mobile. Its not m. or x. , it's:

mw.weather.com/home/00000?family=webkit (00000 is for zip code)

I really like it because it loads fast and has easily browsable expanding sections. Very clean UI.
    How would I go about replacing the flexible volume ribbon? Isn't it more or less attached to the main board or LCD screen of the phone?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjacoder View Post
    How would I go about replacing the flexible volume ribbon? Isn't it more or less attached to the main board or LCD screen of the phone?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The volume ribbon is part of the board with the camera. It does require further disassembly to separate from the slider mechanism.

Here's a link from my thread:
    No matter what u hear in there; no matter how cruelly I beg u; DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR!

In that post are links to the break downs i referred to. I just checked the two you want to view all work. One shows the camera board and ribbon you'll be going for, and one is the video how to get to it.

I'd recommend a pre2 donor for the better camera, buy either would work.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    The volume ribbon is part of the board with the camera. It does require further disassembly to separate from the slider mechanism.

Here's a link from my thread:
    No matter what u hear in there; no matter how cruelly I beg u; DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR!

In that post are links to the break downs i referred to. I just checked the two you want to view all work. One shows the camera board and ribbon you'll be going for, and one is the video how to get to it.

I'd recommend a pre2 donor for the better camera, buy either would work.
    I have to admit, I am a bit scared to even try this, I am fine for now with no volume rockers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12