1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about making a Pre+ with a Pre2 comm board. I like the feel of the Pre+ better. I know the thickness is pretty much the same but the Pre2 just feels gigantic to me because of the flat face. Anybody done this already? There's some pretty good guides on how to make a Pre+ with the Sprint comm board. But I want the speed of a Pre2. Worth it? Dunno. Just doing some initial research right now. Thoughts?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Maybe I'm missing something, but the comm boards are the same for the Pre, Pre+, and PreČ.. The speed is in the motherboard.
    I have seen Pre2's with Pre/PrePlus fronts, with Pre/PrePlus Comm Boards, so according to the carrier the device looks like a Pre/PrePlus, however, has the guts of a Pre2, but has the pebble face of the Pre/PrePlus, HP/Palm still see it as a Pre/PrePlus as that is what the COMM board will report, but using Impostah, one can force HP/Palm to see it as a Pre2, and it can get Pre2 only apps...
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm so where to start? Something tells me you can't just rip open a Pre2, take out it's insides, rip open a Pre+, rip out it's insides, and shove the Pre2 guts into the Pre+ shell and boot it up. I guess the best question would be, what HAS to stay inside the Pre+?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Hmmm so where to start? Something tells me you can't just rip open a Pre2, take out it's insides, rip open a Pre+, rip out it's insides, and shove the Pre2 guts into the Pre+ shell and boot it up. I guess the best question would be, what HAS to stay inside the Pre+?
    Well you gotta start somewhere! I say we ask for donations from people who don't want/ need their Pre 2s and Pre+ anymore
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Well you gotta start somewhere! I say we ask for donations from people who don't want/ need their Pre 2s and Pre+ anymore
    Ha well before I go begging for free devices it seems John Steffes has seen it done already. So that means it's definitely possible. Just need to know what kind of prep work is involved. And if a custom doctor will be needed.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Interesting idea, I was thinking about swapping a VZW Pre 2 keyboard into one of my Pre +. I too really like the smoothness of the original pebble design, but the VZW + keyboard is HORRID.
  8.    #8  
    You know, I don't actually mind the Pre+ keyboard. I think it's because I used it for so long. I have a Veer to play with and I LOVE its keyboard even despite its tiny size.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I wish there was a way to transplant a Pre3 or veer keyboard into a Pre-/+/2
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Well you sort of can, the Pre2, PrePlus, Pre all have a lot of things in common.

WTB: Unlocked Pre 2

The Pre2 comm board can be removed and the PrePlus can be swapped in side, this is how they came up with Fraken Pre(s) on Sprint, as long as you took your time and followed the steps outlined in the wiki.

Ha well before I go begging for free devices it seems John Steffes has seen it done already. So that means it's definitely possible. Just need to know what kind of prep work is involved. And if a custom doctor will be needed.
    Now I have seen Pre2's that have the PrePlus Front (can't find the thread at the moment)...

Thanks to Preemptive:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...i-success.html

Thought it was:
    FrankenPre - why? if theres Pre 3 now?

But I will look for it...

The Doctor is the key, now I only used Verizon Pre2/PrePlus as that is my carrier, but I have done many swapps for many PrePlus/Pre2 owners in the past.

I have made several Verizon Doctors...

Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Interesting idea, I was thinking about swapping a VZW Pre 2 keyboard into one of my Pre +. I too really like the smoothness of the original pebble design, but the VZW + keyboard is HORRID.
    You can swap a keyboard, I can not find the thread about it but someone did.

Thought it was:

You know, I don't actually mind the Pre+ keyboard. I think it's because I used it for so long. I have a Veer to play with and I LOVE its keyboard even despite its tiny size.
    The Pre/PrePlus/Pre2 keyboards all seem the same to me, after a while the bubbles stick and you get sticky keys, maybe they did not design it to last 5 years, but mine is still working... (YMMV)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/14/2014 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Now I have seen Pre2's that have the PrePlus Front (can't find the thread at the moment)...

Thought it was:

Is it this?

http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...i-success.html

I remembered from the AndroidChroot article...