1.    #1  
    I received a message on my Palm Pre2 that something was corrupt and a hard reset would occur and I would need to log into by palm profile to restore my data.

I logged in to restore my data, and all my contacts were deleted! However, all of my apps were restored and my calendar, memos and tasks were restored from maybe a year ago. I also had a few text messages from a year ago, maybe 5.

About a year ago, was when my Palm Pre Plus had issues and since I paid for the insurance on my phone they sent me Palm Pre2. However, on my old Palm Pre Plus I had about 900 contacts! So, if it took the data from way back when, why wouldn't I get my old contact list?

Is there a way to salvage my backup data from 3 weeks ago? Can we pick a date to get the information restored?

thanks! Oh, and I am just a palm phone user, I have no knowledge opening phone parts or writing programs. I have loved the palm system since they were just a PDA, then when their phones came about! I had my palm treo for years! Only upgraded to the Palm Pre when I accidently smashed my treo's screen! I do like this palm pre 2 though.

(As a side note, no one from Verizon told me I would lose my free mobile hotspot, so I might look into the frankenpre thing after this.)
    One possibility is that your backups have been failing since you switched to the Pre2. If you have Impostah installed (hint) you can view your list of backups for your profile and view the manifest for each, and, if I understand it correctly, can restore a specific backup. Impostah is a homebrew app - if you have never installed any homebrew, read this article and install Impostah using either WebOSQuickInstall or Preware: http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone
    I just had the same thing happen on my Pre3.

Received a message this morning/last night that the application database was full, and that the phone would reset and force me to log in again. I did. All the apps were there, even the ones loaded in Dev Mode, but I can't connect to Google email/cal, nor Earthlink. Tried deleting the accounts, reading them, etc., no luck.

I can connect to those accounts via the web and on other devices.

Any ideas?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post

Received a message this morning/last night that the application database was full, and that the phone would reset and force me to log in again. I did. All the apps were there, even the ones loaded in Dev Mode, but I can't connect to Google email/cal, nor Earthlink. Tried deleting the accounts, reading them, etc., no luck.

Any ideas?
    Your post is off-topic for this thread, but here is the answer for your Google account. I don't have an Earthlink account so I don't know what might be going on there. Google sync fix for unknown error: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post

Any ideas?
    ok, rebooting a few times, reset various account passwords. I finally got gmail email back, even though I would get an error ("unknown error"). And earthlink came back at the same time. But the contacts for google won't sync, get the same error "unknown error"...

Note -if I type a bad password, it gives me a different error ("credentials")...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Your post is off-topic for this thread, but here is the answer for your Google account. I don't have an Earthlink account so I don't know what might be going on there. Google sync fix for unknown error: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    sorry, to be a bit more clear, perhaps his accounts are in google, so after the restart the contacts won't be sync'd (unless your patch is applied - great work, downloading now!). Thanks!
    KA1