Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By boovish
  • 3 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By imfallen_angel
  1.    #1  
    My PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $just$ $came$ $in$ $the$ $mail$ $today$, $and$ $I$ $love$ $it$! $Its$ $very$ $similar$ $to$ $the$ $Pre3$ $besides$ $the$ $keyboard$, $and$ $the$ $slider$. $So$ $far$ $its$ $been$ $wonderful$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $glad$ $that$ $I$ $got$ $it$, $because$ $whenever$ $I$ $use$ $the$ $Pre3$ $I$ $fear$ $of$ $damaging$ $it$.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I'm consistently impressed with how well the Pre2 utilizes the extra RAM over the Pre3. The Pre3 is faster altogether though and the keyboard is better. But both are great phones.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    GSM Pre 2? Speedtest.net please!
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    i was just about to post this in another thread somewhere...once i remember it i'll link here.
    that's the one! you just saved me a search. i'm 'bout to post what i found out today using a net10 sim in a veer and a pre2
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    My PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $just$ $came$ $in$ $the$ $mail$ $today$, $and$ $I$ $love$ $it$! $Its$ $very$ $similar$ $to$ $the$ $Pre3$ $besides$ $the$ $keyboard$, $and$ $the$ $slider$. $So$ $far$ $its$ $been$ $wonderful$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $glad$ $that$ $I$ $got$ $it$, $because$ $whenever$ $I$ $use$ $the$ $Pre3$ $I$ $fear$ $of$ $damaging$ $it$.
    congrats!

The Pre2 really is a good little phone. Mine is CDMA on Sprint, but today I tested the GSM Pre2 with a Net10 sim. It does appear to be on the high side, rather than the low side, of the 3G performance range of 1-3Mbps. But after only a day's usage testing, the difference is yet to be noticed beyond "just numbers" from speedtest.net. I have to see if it 'feels' faster too.

enjoy your Pre2!
    After 2+ years with a Pre2, and now with a Pre3, I can honestly say that both phones are great.. I've set my Pre2 as my "backup" at this time and it's used at my bedroom clock which I can put up and play a quick game or look something up real quick.

And after a couple of weeks with the Pre3, I have to say that I do find the Pre2 so small , but in an awesome way. I don't see it as retiring the Pre2, but giving it a break as I don't believe that I'll give it up for anything.

So now I switch between all my WebOs devices, by it my Pre2, Pre3 or my Touchpad, I love them all.

So congrats and I hope yours serves you as well as mine has.

After 2 years of daily usage, and it's still like new.. not many phones could do this, but then again, I'm very careful with my "gadgets" and toys.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I too just switched from a Pre2 to a Pre3. I can't put my finger on it, but the Pre2 seemed more
    solid software wise. Even though my Pre3 is at 1.4GHz, it sometimes lags when I'm trying to
    answer a call, etc. I thought my Pre2 was great for years, and the Pre3 is just sweet with the
    bigger screen.

Both my roomates just switched from iphone 5's to big slab androids, but they can have them!
    I hope my Pre3 lasts a while, I'm loving it!
    Quote Originally Posted by lagerhowen View Post
    I too just switched from a Pre2 to a Pre3. I can't put my finger on it, but the Pre2 seemed more
    solid software wise. Even though my Pre3 is at 1.4GHz, it sometimes lags when I'm trying to
    answer a call, etc. I thought my Pre2 was great for years, and the Pre3 is just sweet with the
    bigger screen.

Both my roomates just switched from iphone 5's to big slab androids, but they can have them!
    I hope my Pre3 lasts a while, I'm loving it!
    The few grievance I have with the Pre3 after a few weeks are:

1) hardware wise: sliding it open, there a tiny looseness that ticks, the camera, while an improvement over the Pre2, is a bit of a let down, if does video better than pictures in some light settings.

2) I do have the WIFI being silly at times and having trouble getting it to connect, but it could be my router being difficult too, but the Pre2 doesn't have issues.

3)software wise, yes, the phone does give me a slight issue now and then, but the Apps catalog is flimsy at best, so many Apps that don't work or not showing in the catalog, but having to learn how to copy them from either my Pre2 or Touchpad at least has showed me how to backup my Apps.

What I find fun, is when someone comes up with the phone as a conversation piece and how it does "this" and "that"... and I can simply reply... hate to break it to you, but my Pre2 (and now Pre3) that are a few years old, have had that capacity all along, so it's nothing new.

Then I play music and have my phone's volume drown theirs...hehehe (my evil side stands out at that point).

But between the two (Pre2 and 3), I love them both, but right now, the Pre3's larger screen/size and feel is still winning me over as it's not that much larger than the Pre2, but just larger enough to be nicer in that regard, but the Pre2's portability (fits in pockets better) is also an advantage.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    boovish likes this.
  11.    #11  
    No, its a VZW PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$
  12.    #12  
    I only have a couple pet peeves with my Pre3

1. The way you take off the battery cover bends the phone
    2. I worry about breaking it, as it was very expensive, and I cannot easily buy a new one.

And on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$,
    1. The slider doesn't snap open
    2. The Light bar is very segmented
    3. No 2.2.4

2. I worry about breaking it, as it was very expensive, and I cannot easily buy a new one.

3. No 2.2.4

psstt...: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre...ml#post3409566
    I see a pattern...

3. No 2.2.4
    You can metadoctor the Pre2 to 2.2.4. I'm running it on my Sprint FrankenPre2. A couple of carriers did release 2.2.4 for the Pre2, but of course, Verizon was not one of them.