Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I don't use the camera much but I noticed the Led Flashlight stopped working. So I checked the camera to see if the flash still works and discovered that the camera launches but does nothing except the screen goes from gray to white sometimes. Anyone know if this is hardware or software problem? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So I don't use the camera much but I noticed the Led Flashlight stopped working. So I checked the camera to see if the flash still works and discovered that the camera launches but does nothing except the screen goes from gray to white sometimes. Anyone know if this is hardware or software problem? Thanks.
    Funny enough I just had that happened to me the other day ...and this is after putting off fixing my broken power button for 3+ months.
    Still have another brand new verizon pre2 that I can frankenpre but I rather keep the one I got. This camera has been working for good 4 years after a lot of drops. It was working after the fix(I think) but I dropped my phone and it bounced off the carpet and hit the wall few times. Didn't have time to open up the phone since then but I'm planing to do that tomorrow maybe.

P.S. Flash still works fine.
  3.    #3  
    I replaced my speaker and fixed the power button rather than make a new Frankie. I found that those plastic white bundle straps is perfect material to cut off a little piece and stick under that power button.

I envy you tho cause if the flash still worked I would have no worries, can't live without my flashlight and mirror
    Last edited by laingman; 11/21/2013 at 10:07 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Did some research and removed all pictures from dcim folder and both camera an flash works again. woo hoo.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Did some research and removed all pictures from dcim folder and both camera an flash works again. woo hoo.
    Glad to hear it. I had forgotten how the camera can act quirky when the camera roll gets very large. I haven't taken many pics with any of my Pre's since I got a new daily driver.
  6.    #6  
    It had less than ten images in the palm 100 folder, that's it. Maybe there something there that it didn't like
    Wow. Is one of them corrupt?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wow. Is one of them corrupt?
    Don't know, they just had to go. I opened one which was an mp4 video which I had never seen before
  9.    #9  
    Well that only fixed it for a while, back to the same behavior. At least I know is not an hardware issue.
    Well that only fixed it for a while, back to the same behavior. At least I know is not an hardware issue.
    Ok what did you do? No, seriously. Do you recall any changes you made, files you copied, etc? Have any camera patches installed?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok what did you do? No, seriously. Do you recall any changes you made, files you copied, etc? Have any camera patches installed?
    Cant point to anything as yet. Will let you know if I find something, thanks
  12.    #12  
    I deleted some apps including two that were not working properly, mode switcher and ndrive. Reset the phone and camera working again.

Should have done them one at a time. I'll see if this lasts
  13.    #13  
    Ok. Stopped working again and did nothing except reset. Seems like its resetting the phone rather than anything else I have done that is making the camera work again. But what could make it stop working in the first place? No idea
    Ok. Stopped working again and did nothing except reset. Seems like its resetting the phone rather than anything else I have done that is making the camera work again. But what could make it stop working in the first place? No idea
    /var/log/messages might give you an idea?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    /var/log/messages might give you an idea?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks. I tried it and it says message status unknown. I'm gonna remove muffle system logging and see what happens.
    Do you have the continuosly (is that correct?) update camera in card view patch? That one caused problems for me once an a Pre3.

Edit: typos
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    Do you have the continuosly (is that correct?) update camera in card view patch? That one caused problems for me once an a Pre3.

Edit: typos
    No, no camera patches except the flashlight if that counts
    No, no camera patches except the flashlight if that counts
    Does this patch enable the flashlight while shooting video? I recall that i tried a few camera patches. But back then none worked like it should on a Pre3.

On another note: if you have a problem with sth. and you see a corresponding patch, try removing the patch and check if the problem persists after a reboot.

edit: a possible workaround might be to add the "LED in device menu" patch and then just toggle it with that. No camera application tweaking required.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    Does this patch enable the flashlight while shooting video? I recall that i tried a few camera patches. But back then none worked like it should on a Pre3.

On another note: if you have a problem with sth. and you see a corresponding patch, try removing the patch and check if the problem persists after a reboot.

edit: a possible workaround might be to add the "LED in device menu" patch and then just toggle it with that. No camera application tweaking required.
    I'm not sure what is "sth" . But no the patch only turns on the led flash from the device menu. And when the camera is not working the led does not work so no kinda flashlight patch or app will work
    I believe it means "something"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast