Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Good morning!

I did try to follow the advice in other threads before posting this, but have not found specific workable answers...

Ok, so here's the deal: I love(d) WebOS on a prepaid Pixi, and recently went back to it after using an awful Samsung running Android DessertSomethingOrOther. I picked a Pre 2 up for peanuts and activated it in spite of everything Verizon could do to "help". The phone is running OS version 2.1.0

My plan was to use it until I am due for an upgrade, then find something new at $99 or $199. I don't know, though: it's such a good experience, I may just drop a couple hundred bucks on a Pre 3, if I can find one. But that's another story.

So, what I can't do is:

1. Get the App store to work. I tried changing the date: nothing. I don't really need much in the way of apps, but it would be nice to have the option. I do know they can be side loaded from my computer, but I haven't yet tried that.

2. Delete the default Palm profile (the shipped first use one), which I would like to do so I can...

3. Back up .

Everything else seems to work well. Exchange is fine; SMS is good. The phone's battery life is so much better than my previous phone's. I don't really miss Angry Birds, and I have an iPad for all that other stuff anyway. Amazingly, the call quality is the best I've ever had on any phone: far clearer than I expected.

What happened to Palm was a crime or a tragedy depending on how you look at it. That OS was way ahead of its time, and we are all worse off for not having it an an option.
    Last edited by Jouster; 09/25/2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouster View Post
    Good morning!

I did try to follow the advice in other threads before posting this, but have not found specific workable answers...

Ok, so here's the deal: I love(d) WebOS on a prepaid Pixi, and recently went back to it after using an awful Samsung running Android DessertSomethingOrOther. I picked a Pre 2 up for peanuts and activated it in spite of everything Verizon could do to "help". The phone is running OS version 2.1.0

My plan was to use it until I am due for an upgrade, then find something new at $99 or $199. I don't know, though: it's such a good experience, I may just drop a couple hundred bucks on a Pre 3, if I can find one. But that's another story.

So, what I can't do is:

1. Get the App store to work. I tried changing the date: nothing. I don't really need much in the way of apps, but it would be nice to have the option. I do know they can be side loaded from my computer, but I haven't yet tried that.

2. Delete the default Palm profile (the shipped first use one), which I would like to do so I can...

3. Back up .

Everything else seems to work well. Exchange is fine; SMS is good. The phone's battery life is so much better than my previous phone's. I don't really miss Angry Birds, and I have an iPad for all that other stuff anyway. Amazingly, the call quality is the best I've ever had on any phone: far clearer than I expected.

What happened to Palm was a crime or a tragedy depending on how you look at it. That OS was way ahead of its time, and we are all worse off for not having it an an option.
    On 1. I'll send you a PM.
    On 2. You can do this with Impostah which you can install in Developer Mode.
    On 3. Related to 1 and 2. Once your Palm profile is OK and App catalog is working, backup will work too.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Having the same problem with the App store. I'm guessing it's the root certificate. can that be done manually?