Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Coming back to Pre after a year long detore with review phones. Yay for Pre 2 on eBay.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Good luck, I'm waiting for mine to come in as well. Won a new unlocked pre 2 on 32auctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    Coming back to Pre after a year long detore with review phones. Yay for Pre 2 on eBay.
    Welcome back to the land of webOS!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Welcome back to the land of webOS!!
    Oh, I never left. Sure, my TouchPad has Android for some things, but webOS is my flavor of choice.
    What do you mean by review phones
  6.    #6  
    I write for/co-own Techcitement.com.
    I write for/co-own Techcitement.com.
    That's high praise if you've had access to a variety of phones and you chose to come back to WebOS. Welcome back!
  8.    #8  
    Every phone has pluses, but nothing feels as right in my hands as a Pre.
    I especially like when the slider open how the screen tilts forward
    You can get a heck of a deal on a Pre, Pre+, or Pre2 on Ebay nowadays.

I recently bought a Pre2 for under $20 (in great shape) and a "re-furb' Pre Plus for under $30 (mint condition).

Meta-doctored Pre2 to 2.2.4 and Pre Plus to 2.1.
    Can't think of a better deal on a still-very-capable smart phone for the money.
    Rnp, RoccoI and Typo Lad like this.
    I am going to tag on and probably violate some forum rule but here goes........

Long time user of Pre phones - back when I had time i tweaked the daylights out of my pre's and love them - currently on a 2nd Pre2 that is starting to die - I have a backup that I can deploy but I have questions that I am not patient enough to pour through the forum this time to figure out.

Can you help me with a few conversion to new phone questions?

Do I simply shut off my old phone and start up the new one from scratch? Register the Palm profile and all?

Essentially rebuild my Pre personality from the beginning? Are all those programs still out there?

This is where I really need to talk to someone - I hate typing.................

Thanks, Rusty
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrain View Post
    I am going to tag on and probably violate some forum rule but here goes........

Long time user of Pre phones - back when I had time i tweaked the daylights out of my pre's and love them - currently on a 2nd Pre2 that is starting to die - I have a backup that I can deploy but I have questions that I am not patient enough to pour through the forum this time to figure out.

Can you help me with a few conversion to new phone questions?

Do I simply shut off my old phone and start up the new one from scratch? Register the Palm profile and all?

Essentially rebuild my Pre personality from the beginning? Are all those programs still out there?

This is where I really need to talk to someone - I hate typing.................

Thanks, Rusty

Rusty,

If you shut your dying phone down and activate the new phone with the same Palm Profile you will get all your App Catalog apps back...

AFTER YOU UPDATE THE ROOT CERTIFICATE (see any of the 283 threads on that topic scattered around the board).

You will NOT automatically get back any App, Tweaks, Patches installed via Preware.

Do you have AppTuckerBox? That helps.

Run all backups first.

Open a Word Doc and take time to go through Preware and write down a list of all packages you installed so you won't miss anything.

I always kept a Phone setup document updated for just such a problem (like after every Doctor)...

Hope this helps.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  13.    #13  
    The root certificate update is just not happening the way it should. I changed the date and everything.

Any chance there's a manual, WOSQI way?
    The root certificate update is just not happening the way it should. I changed the date and everything.

Any chance there's a manual, WOSQI way?
    What kind of trouble are you experiencing?
  15.    #15  
    Wait, got it. Thanks!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Still waiting for my pre 2 to come in, can't wait to play around with it once again.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Finally got mine. Working like a charm. Don't remember how to install preware and homebrew.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoI View Post
    Finally got mine. Working like a charm. Don't remember how to install preware and homebrew.
    I always liked the WOSQI method. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Welcome back.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just playing around with it.
    I have a note 2 and iphone 4. WebOS is my favourite.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This thread is exactly how I'm feeling! I was thinking about webOS once again this morning, and thought I'd check on eBay and see if I could pick up a cheap Pre 2. Found a Verizon Pre 2 for $31, and I bought it instantly. I'm not going to use it as a phone, basically use it as a iPod touch. I've been researching on here and the webOS Internals wiki about activating it, Preware, etc.

I'm super excited for the device to arrive! I've always loved webOS and it's sad that HP stopped making devices and ultimately stop developing webOS for phones. I'm interested to see what LG does with Open webOS and hopefully we'll see some interesting stuff in the near future.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast