1.    #1  
    Have a look at the attachment.It looks like a hardware problem but i cannot pin point where.LCD or Flex cable problem ? Touch works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Does touch work everywhere? If yes, and there don't seem to be dead spot although I think it would be difficult to test given the circumstances, it's probably the LCD.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yeah, probably LCD and related circuitry. I think the only stuff that goes through the flex cable are keyboard data, cellular radio data (voice,3G,GPS), camera, sound (in/out), power switch, vol, and power to the main board. ...definitely no low level graphic that would "northern light" the display. I have seen laptops do this when there is a communication interruption between the graphics chip and the display driver.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply guys.Touch works everywhere i believe since i was able to open random apps and close it using gestures.I now dont know what to do with this as i cannot get replacement parts from where i live (I am in india btw).I liked the phone verymuch but now It's good for scavenging parts :-(
    I know I'm not the most educated person about India and their ability to be shipped goods from around the world but with Amazon, eBay, and this forum's marketplace I would be surprised if you could not buy a part and get it shipped to you.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Hi vijay_raptor. i'm new in the forums. but i read your problem. Yesterday i got a problem like yours. My touch screen no worked, i mean, my device worked but.... the screen no worked. i read that kernel affected the screen, i said: My screen completely damage... i was going to take a webos doctor. but in the steps... (step 1 lol) :

Turn off your phone.
    If your device has a removable battery, take it out. Skip this step if the device does not have a removable battery.
    Hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    Release the volume up button when the screen shows a large USB icon.

my screen turn on again! my screen worked again. so.... only it take a reset and this worked. TRY THIS IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS.... if not worked.... <<language deleted for violation of rules>>

sorry by my english.... yo hablo castellano y no acostumbro a escribir en ingles.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/13/2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Since about 6 months I have a similar issue on my Pre 3.
    It began when the phone got pretty hot inside the car. Now the display looks weird, whenever it is activated when the phone is warm. This doesn't change even when it cools down while the display is still active.

Similarly, if the phone is cool, let's say below 25C, the display will stay normal, even when the phone gets really warm.

Comparison pic

This behaviour is not affected by reboots or battery pulls but by device temperature alone.
    I figure something in the display driver circuitry has come loose, which affects the initialization of the display when it is turned on.

I would love to fix this by replacing the display. I just don't know if replacing the entire top half of the Pre would leave everything else, like installed apps, intact. Does anyone on here know?
    Last edited by uwer; 11/14/2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Inline image wouldn't show up
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    Since about 6 months I have a similar issue on my Pre 3.
    It began when the phone got pretty hot inside the car. Now the display looks weird, whenever it is activated when the phone is warm. This doesn't change even when it cools down while the display is still active.

Similarly, if the phone is cool, let's say below 25C, the display will stay normal, even when the phone gets really warm.

Click to view quoted image

Comparison pic

This behaviour is not affected by reboots or battery pulls but by device temperature alone.
    I figure something in the display driver circuitry has come loose, which affects the initialization of the display when it is turned on.

I would love to fix this by replacing the display. I just don't know if replacing the entire top half of the Pre would leave everything else, like installed apps, intact. Does anyone on here know?

aw crap, i see now you're referring to a Pre3. my bad. below applies to Pre/Pre2.

the top half Oreo holds the motherboard. you'd need to remove it from the bad display and put onto your replacement. it's not difficult, just be careful when removing the ribbons for the video daughterboard. they are easy to tear and then the display is garbage. there are youtube vids illustrating the process. links to them are in my older threads.