09/15/2013, 06:19 PM
So I've scoured the forums pretty extensively and tried just about everything.
With my first pre 2, I rolled the date back, downloaded the app update from the catalog and everything was good.
Now with my 2nd one (first one got smashed at work), I tried to do the same thing without success.
Here are my specs:
Palm Pre 2 - Verizon
App Catalog 2.0.20900
Here are the things I have tried:
1. Set the date back, reset, download app catalog update
2. Set the date back, reset, download the update from software manager
3. Doctor, set the date back, download app catalog update
4. Download the update via Preware
5. Check certificate using internalz (July 23, 2013)
6. Check the certificate using quick install (July 23, 2013)
7. Hard Reset, created a new a plam profile and tried 1-5 above
8. Navigated to the [/var/luna/data] folder and deleted the [downloadhistory.db] file, reset and tried to download the the update (from catalog and from software manager)
9. I Tried deleting the entire directory found in [/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps] and then reseting and attempting to download the update
All of them have failed. I have spent too many hours trying to get it to work and have read most of the forums.
Here is a copy of the error from preware when trying to update the catalog:
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware -H "Device-Id: MEID:A100001530C4EB" -H "Auth-Token: 81EEA8F62E0123A1DD283D2D54D768855" --location --fail --show-error https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/....22300_all.ipk 2>&1
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
Here is the link to the ipk file for the app catalog update (via Impostah): https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/...date_2.0.0.ipk
I can make phone calls, text, calendar and to-do so really I have a perfectly good phone.
I have been installing some apps using tuckerbox/preware, although I can't find some of the ones I like.
Any takers to solve this one?