Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had a Pre2 that my daughter somehow delaminated the slider mechanism a year or so ago. I thought it was dead. I was playing with it the other day and got the two parts re-attached. I found that the thing came to life when I attached it to the usb charger. However, it thing hangs regularly and I can't access stuff like WIFI.

I've hooked it up to my computer and tried the Doctor, but the phone is not discovered. I also don't see a USB drive on the phone anymore -- although early on it was working. WHen I try to do a reset with the power button I get the count down timer to 0 and then it just sits there.

Is this phone dead?
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I had a Pre2 that my daughter somehow delaminated the slider mechanism a year or so ago. I thought it was dead. I was playing with it the other day and got the two parts re-attached. I found that the thing came to life when I attached it to the usb charger. However, it thing hangs regularly and I can't access stuff like WIFI.

I've hooked it up to my computer and tried the Doctor, but the phone is not discovered. I also don't see a USB drive on the phone anymore -- although early on it was working. WHen I try to do a reset with the power button I get the count down timer to 0 and then it just sits there.

Is this phone dead?
    Did you make sure the novacom driver is still and properly installed? Try this if not https://code.google.com/p/universal-...3.jar&can=2&q=
    Pull the Battery > Attach to USB > Hold Power + Volume Up > Insert Battery

This should get you to recovery mode so you can Doctor...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I've tried all of the above and no luck. It also appears that the battery charging is not working either,. I have another Pre2 on order from Amazon, so I guess I'll just wait until that arrives.

FYI< I have a Pixi Plus that works very well as an offline battery charger -- is compact, charges quickly and provides accurate charging progress.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I've tried all of the above and no luck. It also appears that the battery charging is not working either,. I have another Pre2 on order from Amazon, so I guess I'll just wait until that arrives.

FYI< I have a Pixi Plus that works very well as an offline battery charger -- is compact, charges quickly and provides accurate charging progress.
    I'm really surprised that your phone can't get into the mode RumeredNow gave you instructions for. Does it do anything at all when you try that? If it reboots while you're doing it then you didn't hold the buttons down long enough when you inserted the battery. The Pixi Plus idea is brilliant! Mine arrives this week ($15.50 off ebay) and it will be put to use for that immediately.
    Last edited by alanmorford; 08/20/2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: sounded like a doosh...fixed it...unintentional
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm really surprised that your phone can't get into the mode RumeredNow gave you instructions for. Does it do anything at all when you try that? If it reboots while you're doing it then you didn't hold the buttons down long enough when you inserted the battery. The Pixi Plus idea is brilliant! Mine arrives this week ($15.50 off ebay) and it will be put to use for that immediately.
    Yeah. Weird. I just picked up my new Pre2 from the post office and activated it on Verizon. Before activating I tried to doctor the phone, but again got no connection. There may be something wrong with my laptop. I installed the Novacomm driver over and over again, and doesn't seem to make any difference.

I just hoping that the certification expiration thing for update doesn't cause me any problems. So far, the activation process seems to be working fine.
    Have you tried rebooting? Using different USB cord?

What version of Windows do you use?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Have you tried rebooting? Using different USB cord?

What version of Windows do you use?
    Multiple reboots and changed USB cable and port. Using Latest version of MacOS Snow Leopard in MacBook Pro.

I do have a new Pre2 that I just activated. Got 2.1 installed with some date change installer workaround and even got webOS Quick Install to see the thing -- however, it has been sitting there spinning for about an hour just trying to install FreeTether.

Maybe it is time to start looking at something else