Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm looking at going back to webOS -- at least until Blackberry gets it act together. One killer feature would be the ability to use the WIFI Hotspot on Verizon without paying extra. If I order a Pre2 on Verizon, will I be able to use the phone with no problems on Verizon?

Are there any issues with using the Pre2 this late in it's life?

I switched to a Bold 9930 about 2 years ago for work, but I started playing with the new Balckberry OS 10 phones recently and started realizing how much I miss webOS -- even with the regular "too many cards" stuff.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    The last time I tried it, which was a while ago but after their new plans, it worked. Recently I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on my 4GB data plan with my Pre 3 and it didn't shut me out.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    The last time I tried it, which was a while ago but after their new plans, it worked. Recently I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on my 4GB data plan with my Pre 3 and it didn't shut me out.
    Thanks. The Pre2's are only $60 on Amazon, so I may just try it out. It has been a couple of years since I've messed with FreeTether and all that. However, I've replaced my daughter's phone a couple times in that period and the activation was always a little time consuming.

I'll have to spend a few more days with tethering my Playbook with my Bold to figure out if that is a viable mid-term combination with the Pre2. It is funny that the Blackberry Playbook is a lot more like webOS than BB OS10.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I'm looking at going back to webOS -- at least until Blackberry gets it act together. One killer feature would be the ability to use the WIFI Hotspot on Verizon without paying extra. If I order a Pre2 on Verizon, will I be able to use the phone with no problems on Verizon?

Are there any issues with using the Pre2 this late in it's life?

I switched to a Bold 9930 about 2 years ago for work, but I started playing with the new Balckberry OS 10 phones recently and started realizing how much I miss webOS -- even with the regular "too many cards" stuff.
    FYI (FWIW), the Verizon "share everything" plan includes free WiFi hotspot (and unlimited SMS). Depending on your family members' data needs, that might be the way to go. My wife and I use the 1gb plan, and have gone over only 2 months in the past year ($30 total extra cost). We're happy with it, particularly since I use the hotspot with my TouchPad several times a month (when not near WiFi I trust).

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    FYI (FWIW), the Verizon "share everything" plan includes free WiFi hotspot (and unlimited SMS). Depending on your family members' data needs, that might be the way to go. My wife and I use the 1gb plan, and have gone over only 2 months in the past year ($30 total extra cost). We're happy with it, particularly since I use the hotspot with my TouchPad several times a month (when not near WiFi I trust).
    I have a company plan that does not include wifk hotspot. That. Is why BB Bridge or FreeTeather are so attractive.